Chapter. 23

'Deep in the heart of the Wenzhou Mountain there lies a crystal clear lake. Inside that lake there is said to be an ancient water Dragon who guards a pearl that fell directly from the heavens.

Sealed there by a martial God from the south, he is said to lie in wait for a strong willed person of pure heart. Whoever sets the mighty Dragon free shall control him and the pearl until the end of time.'

'Pure of heart? Really?' TaiFeng thought, climbing the steps that lead up to Wenzhou Lake.

After coming across the book in the library she set out for Wenzhou Mountain first thing in the morning.

After four long hours of riding on her sword she arrived at the entrance to the lake.

Her ultimate weapon was the pearl.

You see, items from the heavens are loaded with pure spiritual energy capable of weaking and/or eliminating dark and resentful energy.

However, often times it's much too pure for mere mortals to weild on their own. Hence them being heavenly items.

But with the help of the soul of a thousand year old cultivator to keep the energy in check.... It was doable.

There was just one tiny thing bothering TaiFeng.

What if she wasn't pure of heart?

She wasn't the most moral person when she was in her world.

Her search history was testament to that.

And she had lied to so many people in this world about her past and a ton of other things.

None of them even knew her real name!

Would that be considered wrong?

It wasn't like she was lying for evil reasons. Most of these lies were necessary for the greater good of things.

But would the Dragon see things from her point of view?

She certainly hoped so, otherwise this would be a wasted trip.

Finnaly reaching the top, she looked out at the view.

".....Is that it?"She said, extremely underwhelmed at what she saw.

She was now face to face with a partially dried up lake filled with murky stagnant water.

The surroundings were covered with weeds, and it was completely overgrown.
Not even in like an 'abandoned cool temple' kind of way.

It just looked like an extremly neglected park.

"Please tell me I'm missing something here." She said examining the surroundings.

'This looks like the remnants of a path or something like that.' She thought, looking down at her feet.

Going closer she slashed away some weeds to reveal a small slab of stone with some words carved on it.

Look upon the dark mirror and break the void. Trust yourself and go forward.

"....WHAT THE FRICK DOES THAT MEAN?!"

"Uuuugh, okay mirror, mirror. I don't see a mirror anywhere. Are mirrors black? I've heard of them, but that's like a goth people thing isn't it?"She muttered, pulling at her hair.

"Okay void, what is a void? Good question, what is a void, what do voids usually look like? Have I ever even seen a void? What even classifies as a void? Trust myself, that's real helpful."

Crouching down to look at the water, she sighed.
"Your trying to tell me that there's a mystical Dragon hidden in this filthy water?.... This water is black....Its dark... Really dark."