Chapter. 8

"My name's Qian TaiFeng, its nice to meet you all."

"All?" The three simultaneously asked.

At that moment three Lanling Jin disiples awkwardly peered round the door frame.

"We , um ,well we wanted to know where the nice music was coming from." MianMian shyly said.
"I didn't know that FeiHong Long would be attending the lectures."
She said as she bowed to TaiFeng.

"You're FeiHong Long?" Jin Zixuan said suprisedly.

"The one and only." She said, gently folding her fan and placing it in her sleeves.

"But are the Wens really attending?"
Another disciple asked.

"I bet you five silver that they will." She smirked.

"You're on." Jin Zixuan smirked back.

Timeskip to the the clans presenting their gifts because I am once again being lazy.

'If things went to plan, Wuxian should have met the love of his life last night.
I just hope I can take the brunt force of Wen Chao's anger.'
She thought as they made their way to the hall.

The gift presenting ceremony went on just like in the drama.

As Jin Zixuan went to his seat he whispered over to TaiFeng.

"Looks like you're going to be five silver short."

"It's not over yet. Yunmeng hasn't presented their gifts." She replied.

"What do you two mean five silver?" Nie Huaisang said from behind them slightly bowing at the pair.

"I'm Nie Huaisang by the way. And you are?" He said looking over at TaiFeng.

"That's Young Lady Qian also known as FeiHong Long. We made a bet yesterday that the Wen Sect will show up. I bet against her." He said, this had intrigued Huaisang greatly.

"I'm sure the Wens will show up. In fact I bet one of Clan Leader Wen's sons will probably show up. And knowing the Wens they'll try and cause some sort of scene." She said as she flicked open her fan, which earned a gasp from Huaisang.

"That's an exquisite fan. Simple yet complex, with calm mountains and lush trees, it a work of art." He said admiring it.

"Thank you. It's so hard to find anyone that appreciates a good fan."
She replied.

Their little conversation had earned quite a few whispers among the disiples and a glare from Lan Qiren who stroked his beard.

"Yunemeng Jiang please come forth and present your gift." Lan Qiren said.

Wuxian stepped forward to present the gift smiling at TaiFeng in the process. She could see Lan Wangji glare out the corner of her eye.

'This early on, huh. I need to find a man who's that whipped. It's a shame Ouyang Zizhen doesn't exist yet, he's my ideal type!' She thought.

And right on time the door burst open to reveal a sneering Wen Chao, an apologetic looking Wen Qing and a nervous Wen Ning.

'Well, its time for me to make a scene.'
She thought ,while half the class looked at her like she had just grown two heads.

"So this is Gusu Lans sect? It's not that big a deal." He said sneering.

'His whole aura is annoying.'

"Second Young Master Wen, we weren't expecting your arrival." Lan Xichen said.

'Well, most of us weren't.' He thought, catching a glimpse at the girl they called FeiHong Long.