Chapter. 27

Wincing in pain at her numerous cuts and bruises, she slowly opened her eyes to look at her dismal surroundings.

"Eh, I've slept in worse." She shrugged, using her good arm to prop herself up against the wall.

Looking across the poorly lit room, she saw the dog still incapacitated from her previous attack.

She felt bad about sending it flying like that but she knew that resentful energy had already corrupted it's mind to the point of no return.

If she couldn't use Tongqing to communicate with it, then it meant that it's mind was already turned to mush by the resentful energy.

Nonetheless, she felt sorry.

'I wonder how Kira is doing? Did somebody start feeding him after I left? Maybe he was taken in by a shelter and got adopted by a cute couple. I miss his ardorable little paws.' She sighed.

Kira was a German shepherd dog that TaiFeng used to feed.

Good God, she really loved that dog.

"Its probably just turned seven, what time did Wei Ying get released again?" She whispered, looking out of the caged window.

"Once again, another perfectly good set of robes, ruined."

However she had bigger things to worry about then ruined robes.

Wen Rouhan had actually had the audacity to send spies to her sect!
At least he now knows what happens when you try and mess with the YueYang Qian Sect.

You get eaten alive by a giant viper!

'They came in from the north side, which is the most risky place to enter from, regarding terrain and accessibility.' She thought, delving deep into her analysis.

'Its an incredibly dumb move to try and enter from there. The East side has a lot more cover and the terrain is easier to navigate if your trying to snoop around. Meaning that they probably attempted to get in through there first, but failed on account of how strong the wards were.'

She was playing a dangerous game. She may be strong but in terms of manpower and resources Wen Rouhan clearly had the upper hand.

If he really wanted to, he could annihilate her sect completely.

She had to play smart. Very, very smart. If she slipped up, everything she came to know and love would burn to ashes.

However she had one thing Wen Rouhan didn't.

And that was a good image in the eyes of the public.

After she became sect leader YueYang Town prospered and grew immensely thanks to her support.

The town's people were so greatful that they practically worshipped her.  There were even rumours about her being some sort of Bodhisattva!

She had the people on her side, and that was more powerful than any demonic cultivation.

'Wen Rouhan, oh Wen Rouhan, your testing my capabilities, eh? Fine then, today I'll show you exactly what I'm capable of.'

Hearing the sound of keys in the hallway, she fixed herself up as best she could.

She didn't need Wen Chao or anyone else seeing her in this state.

Adjusting her robes, and smoothing down her frizzy black locks to the best of her ability, she sat up with her back as straight as an arrow.

Peering inside the cell, Wen Chao sneered at her and then turned his attention to the still figure of the wolf.

Now that TaiFeng looked closer, the wolf hadn't moved an inch since she had knocked it out. And it didn't look like it was breathing either.