Chapter. 9

The class was pretty uneventful and average in TaiFeng's standards. After all those five weeks she spent at Yunmeng, she was mainly in the library. It was safe to say she'd read almost every book in there.

The only thing keeping her from falling asleep was seeing the look of pure love in Lan Wangji's eyes whenever Wei Wuxian had his back turned. The boy was head over heels in love.

And she was going to make sure that their love made it through all the hardships yet to come.
Because she had finnaly realized why she was transported here. It was never about them parting on a hilltop, it was about the lives lost and the suffering she had to watch almost everyone go through. There were just to many people that deserved so much better.... Except Su She.

He can burn in hell for all she cared.

As she walked around Cloud Resseses with her friends, she heard a faint voice.

"Help me! Help me!"

Instantly she whipped her head round and ran towards the noise confusing Zixuan, MianMian and Meng Yao.

What she found made her blood boil.

A beautiful golden fox was cornered by a Lan disiples who was throwing rocks at it.

And that disiple was none other than, yep, you guessed it. Su Minshan.

"What are you doing!" She shouted at him.

Caught red handed he spun around only to see both the Jin Sect heir and FeiHong Long. Due to his crippling  inferiority complex he despised them both, especially  Jin Zixuan.

"Why are you abusing this animal!?"
MianMian shouted as Meng Yao and TaiFeng went to check on the poor creature. It had a few grazes but other than that it seemed fine. It was just a little shaken up.

"Are you okay?" She said kneeling down to its level.

"You can understand me?" It questioned.

"Yep, now can you tell me whatf happened?"
She asked, earning confused stares from everyone present.

"One of the kitchen helpers sometimes leaves me leftovers, but when I went to get them I ran into him, and he started throwing stones at me saying he was going to exterminate me. I really hate him! He always talks bad about other people and he sneaks in alcohol late at night through the back garden,and he always leaves the empty jars on top of my burrow!"
The poor little fox explained.

"What are you doing, talking to a fox?! I've heard that you were a bit weird but from what I see your positively crazy!" Su She shouted.

"What's going on here?"

The five then turned round to see Zewu-Jun come out from behind a corner.

"Su She, what's happening here? Is it something I should know about." He said with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"This fox was taking the food left out for it by one of the kitchen staff, however when Su She saw it he started stoning it and threatening to kill it." TaiFeng explained.

"How do you know that?" Su She guiltily said.

"Ah, so you admit it then. And to answered your question, " she said showing off the bracelet on her left wrist.

"Do you know what this is? Ah, no, of course you don't. This is Tongqing, a first class spiritual tool gifted to me by the Violet Spider herself. It allows me to communicate with animals. Don't believe me? This little fox says you're always badmouthing others behind their backs." She said every syllable dripping with venom.

"Is this true, Young Lady Qian? Can it really do that?" Zewu-Jun questioned.

"If you don't believe me you can check the back garden. Apparently Su She here likes to sneak in alcohol late at night and discard the jars on top of this foxes burrow."

MianMian and Zixuan gasped at this, as they were both huge animal lovers, while Meng Yao looked at him with disgust.

'Disgust? That's a great start, if I can somehow get him kicked out of Lan Sect early, it would be a huge help.'

"Little one, do you have a name?" She asked the fox.

"It's RiLuo."
The fox answered.

RiLuo means sunset.

She then crouched down and whispered so only it could hear.
"Do you have any more dirt on this guy, I intend to make his life a living hell."

"Boy, do I ever." The fox slyly said.

The fox then whispered in her ear telling her all her seen for the past eight weeks.

Her eyes went wide as saucers.

"Zewu-Jun, I have some information that you and Elder Qiren might want to hear." She said staring her prey down, along with RiLuo. He had offended them both and now they were both going to make him pay.

In a private room.

"Jin Zixuan, Su Minshan, Luo Qingyang and Qian TaiFeng. Do you four care to explain why Zewu-Jun has brought you here to  interrupt my meditation session." Lan Qiren said, massaging his temples. He just wanted this to be over and done with.

He's had it up to here with Wei Wu xian's crap, he didn't even want to imagine what Qian TaiFeng was like.

"Respectfully answering Elder Qirens question. It's come to my attention that Su Minshan has been embezzling funds and illegally taking possessions out of the Gusu Lan Treasury."
She spoke in an authorative to be that honestly surprised him, until what she had just said had sunken in.

"Preposterous! Do you have any proof of your accusations?"

All the while Su Minshan stood there twiddling his fingers, looking as guilty as ever.

Zewu-Jun was stunned. He though that she was going to bring up the issue with the alcohol or even the fox, not something so serious. Embezzling funds? Was Su Minshan even capable of doing something like that?

They then heard a knock on the door.

"Meng Yao requests an audience."
One of the servants guarding the door said.

"Let him in." Said Zewu-Jun.

Meng Yao then came in with a large box in his hand with RiLuo tailing behind him.
Su She looked deathly pale.

Flashback

"A'Yao, I need you to find Su Minshan's room. Here, take RiLuo with you he'll show you where to go. Look for a large wooden box, it should  be hidden somewhere." She said as the walked a few places behind Zewu-Jun.

Meng Yao nodded in understanding.

"So you really can talk to animals? That's so cool!" MianMian whisper shouted.

End of flashback.

"You found it already?" Zixuan said

"RiLuo helped me look." He smiled whilst handing the box over to MianMian, who opened it.

Inside were property deeds, gold and silver rocks along with jewellery that was probably worth a small fortune.

She held up the evidence for all to see. "Is this enough proof? This was in Su Minshans room."

"There's more too, about three boxes in total." Meng Yao added.

"I request for Elder Qiren and Zewu-Jun to handle this matter accordingly." She bowed as the for made their way out leaving Su She in hot water.