Chapter 32

"My head is killing me. Where am I?"
TaiFeng moaned, eyes still firmly shut.

Feeling around, her hands were brushing over soft silk sheets. But they weren't her own.

Slowly opening her eyes she was met with a ceiling, the ceiling of her old room in Yunmeng to be more precise. 

"Shit!" She cursed sitting up in her bed, which she instantly regretted as her wounds hadn't  fully healed yet.

"Ow, ow, ow. Ugh, my everything hurts." She winced as she rubbed her sore arms. Being flung across a cave by a evil mutant ninja turtle really did a number on her.

'What day is it?... Where's the sword?!'

Frantically looking around, she started to panic when she couldn't sense any resentful energy anywhere.

Ajusting her white inner robes she slowly got up out of bed and went towards the door.

'Judging by the level of my injuries, it hasn't been more than five days since I killed the Xuanwu.' She thought using the table for balance.

'I just hope nobody got to the sword, otherwise I might as well just yeet myself sraight into Yunmeng Lake.'

Swiftly opening the door and stepping out, she immediately collided with someone.

Tripping on her robes she almost fell straight on her back if it wasn't for a pair of strong arms catching her by her waist.

"TaiFeng! Your awake!" Xichen said, still holding her princess style.

Before she could greet him, he quickly pulled her in for a hug.

"I was so worried. I...the doctors weren't sure.. If you would wake up." He whispered, burying his head in the crook of her neck.

TaiFeng wasn't really sure what to do so she just rubbed circles on his back whilst inhaling his soothing chamomile scent.

"How... for how long was I asleep?" She gently whispered.

"Three days." He quietly replied.

Coming face to face with him, she could see the heavy bags under his eyes. He looked like he hadn't slept this entire time.

"Xichen-ge, when's the last time you slept? You look worse than me." She sadly chuckled.

Awkwardly averting his gaze, he solemnly looked down at his feet.

"Nevermind, I won't pry."She said in a soothing tone.
"..What happened while I was asleep? I'm sure you have a lot you want to tell me...Um, uh, do you know what happened to that weird looking sword I had?"

TaiFeng carefully sat down on a chair by her table, Xichen sitting in the opposite side.

"It was filled with resentful energy, so your head disciple took it back to YueYang to put in your vault." He answered.

"Oh, thank goodness. It would be catastrophic if the Wens got their hands on something that powerful." She sighed, feeling rather relieved. "I'm just glad nobody was hurt."

"But you were hurt! Using spiritual energy alongside resentful energy could have killed you! And what exactly was that power you showed back in the cave?!" He yelled, before quieting back down again.

".... I.. I just don't want to see you constantly risking your life anymore. You almost died once...isn't that enough?"

Feeling extremly guilty about making him worry so much, she looked at her hands in shame.

"I'm sorry for making you worry so much. I'll try not to do anything reckless in the future. And as for the power I used...um, well."

'He doesn't need to know, he'll just worry... Nobody really needs to know, I'll just trouble them.'