Chapter. 2

"Ugh, my back is killing me. What was that weird dream?" She said as she slowly opened her eyes to...a forest? The sun shined through the tall pines trees, lighting up the leaves a lovely shade of green. The wind made the branches sway and quiver. The ground smelt fesh and of clay, and the air was clean and crisp.

Last time she checked, she was in her room. She didn't even live near a forest!

She was slowly starting to panic.

"Where am I?! What's going on?! Am I... wearing a hanfu?" She said as she looked at her clothes and saw she was wearing a simple beige hanfu

"Did... I just say that ...in Chinese? Am I talking in Chinese right now?! I'm at a loss for words."

And despite her being at a loss for words, she continued to say random things in Chinese for the next forty minutes, just to make sure was actually speaking Mandarin.

"Okay, okay, breathe Jen, breathe. What do I know? I was watching The Untamed. I went to sleep, I had a weird dream. The voice in the dream asked me if I wanted to go. I said yeah, and now I'm in a hanfu in a forest and am now able to speak Chinese." She said as she paced up and down grabbing at her, was it always this long?

As she examined a strand of her hair, she found out that it had grown down to her hips.

"Well, that's a nice touch. But anyway, after careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion that I... Am in The Untamed."

She looked at her surroundings but couldn't figure out where she was. She could only pray that she wasn't in Qishan Wen territory.

"Hold on, has the war already started?! What story arc am I on?! Has the massacre at Qiongqi path already happened?! Or is this after The Yiling Laozu's death?!" She shuddered at the thought of having to fight in a war.

"I need to find civilization."
She looked around and saw a black bamboo hat with a black veil that would cover her face completely. Underneath it were five silver rocks. With it was a map of Yunmeng.

"Well, that's helpful." She said as she picked up the rocks and put them in her sleeves.

"Oh thank God! Yunmeng, at least it's not Qishan or Lanling." She shuddered at the thought of running into that manwhore Jin Guangshan or even worse Wen Rouhan.

"I guess I should get going. But first."

She then sat down on the ground and stared at the sky for twenty minutes before setting off.

Why, you ask? Simple, she needed a backstory.

From now on she was Qian Hong courtesy Qian TaiFeng. She was abandoned when she was a baby never knowing who her real parents were. She lived on the streets and was always bullied for the way she looked until one day when she was seven a kind woman named Qian XiaoLong took her in. She fed her and clothed her and gave her her name. They lived in peace in the mountains until half a year ago when Qian XiaoLong got sick. When she tried to descend the mountain for medicine she was beaten half to death by the locals who said she was a bad omen because of the way she looked. By the time she healed and got back, Qian XiaoLong had already died. Heartbroken she made the decision to travel around instead of staying in the mountains, and currently had nowhere to stay.

Pretty heartbreaking, right?

'I'm sure anyone would take pity on me with a backstory like that.' She thought as she held up the map as she walked.

"Now, if that's there,  then that should be there." She said trying to figure out where she was until she heard the sound of people up ahead.

She opted to swiftly hide behind a tree to eavesdrop on their conversation.

" Wei Shixiong, wait for us!!"

"Wei Shixiong? No freaking way! I get to meet him this soon?! Then that means Lotus Pier hasn't been taken over by the Wens yet! I still have a chance to change things!" She whispered as she peered around the tree to catch a glimpse of the beautiful man. She had half expected Xiao Zhan to just walk by but was surprised by a completly different yet no less handsome and vibrant boy who was so aboviously Wei Wuxian he couldnt be anyone else even if he tried.

'Wow, he's even better looking the I ever imagined! No, no calm yourself, he's taken!'

She then set her plan in motion.  Going ahead of them a little, she picked up some mud and smeared it all across her clothes, and messed up her hair to make it look like she had been hiking for the past few days. She then fell to the floor as if she had fainted, and waited for them to come around. And come they did, as it wasn't long before she heard two voices cry out.

"Shixiong! There's somebody passed out on the path!"

'Phase one, accomplished! Initiate phase two.'

"Let me check them first." Wei Wuxian said voice laced with concern.

He then checked TaiFeng for any wounds, but before he could get to her face, he was stopped by the sound of her fake coughing.

"Young Lady, are you alright? My shidis and I found you passed out on the side of the road." He said.

"I'm fine; sorry to trouble you." She said in her best pitiful voice.
As she walked away from Wuxian she stumbled forward letting her hat tip a little.

As Wuxian went to touch it she loudly said. "Don't!"
Scaring Wu Xian And his shidis.
"I... wouldn't want to scare you guys."

'The bait is cast now to reel them in.'

"How could you scare me? I assure you I'm an esteemed cultivator! I don't scare easy." Wuxian said with a smile.

"People say that I'm ugly. That the way I look is a bad omen and that I  attract bad luck."

"I promise I won't judge, however, if you feel uncomfortable, I won't pry." He said kindly with a smile that would make the sun want to retire.

'He's just too kind! I must protect him at all costs!'

She slowly untied her hat and took it off to reveal her face.

"You guys probably think I'm hideous, don't you? I'll just get out of your sight"

She was quickly stopped by shouts of 'Don't say that you look beautiful and 'you're so pretty.'

"You're unique in the way you look but your definitely not ugly." Wei Wuxian said in a comforting tone.

"Really?"
Nobody had actually ever called her beautiful before, so this made her feel all warm and tingly inside.

"Really. But what were you doing passed out on the ground?"

She then told them the story just like she had rehearsed.

"And that's my story. My name's Qian TaiFeng by the way." She said with a smile while Wu Xian and his shidis looked at her with sadness and pity.

" Qian TaiFeng? That's a pretty name." One of the Jiang Sect disciples said trying to lighten the mood.

"Thank you, but please feel free to call me TaiFeng, or Feng-Jie since I think I'm older than most of you." She said with a smile.

"Are you guys cultivators? I've only ever read about them." She questioned.