Chapter. 17

"I'd also like to congratulate Yuzhao Long on becoming the new Sect Leader of the YueYang Chang Sect.  Ah, wait, no, I should call it the YueYang Qian Sect now." He said raising his cup.

Everyone basically choked on their food when he said this.
She could hear the loud whispers of everyone in the hall, while her friends just looked at her, unsure of how to help.

'THAT RAT BASTARD! HOW THE HELL DID HE FIND OUT?! I'M GOING TO MURDER HIM! AND I'LL MAKE IT LOOK LIKE AN ACCIDENT, TOO!!'

TaiFeng's grip on her teacup was immensely tight.

'No, calm down, keep your cool. You can go batshit crazy later, but for now you have to clean up this mess.'

"Sect Leader Jin, thank you for your congratulations. Although... I hadn't told anyone about me becoming a sect leader. I wonder how you knew about it. I'm rather curious." She said smiling at him, although all her friends could see she was one step away from running across the hall and strangling him.

"So it's really true then." Sect Leader Yao whispered to himself.

"Oh, I heard it from a friend who works at the magistrates office in YueYang. The former sect leader truly was unworthy of his position."

'Like you're any better.'

"Ah, I see." She replied.

"Well I suppose I should reintroduce myself."She said getting up.

'I might as well roll with it.'

"Sect Leader Qian respectfully greets you all." She said dramatically flicking her robes and sitting back down with as much swag as she could muster.

The next two hours consisted of TaiFeng making alliances with all the sects and getting to know her fellow sect leaders.
It was tiring, but Huaisang helped her out whenever she wanted to avoid a conversation and Wuxian and Jiang Cheng defended her whenever someone said she was far too young and inexperienced to run a sect.

After all that she finnaly managed to sit  down and enjoy the party. She talked with A'Yao about how well his gardening tips worked and invited everyone to tour the sect.

Hanging out with Chifeng-zun was fun as well, and she managed to get an alliance with Qinghe Nie Sect thanks to Huaisang.

Although Wangji kept glaring at her for some unknown reason.

Oh, well. He glares at everyone.

Zixuan had just ordered a servant to get some more food for everyone and more wine for Wuxian.

"Where does it all go?" MianMian said as TaiFeng finished her seventh plate of food and Wuxian downed his sixth jar of wine.

"This should be impossible by normal human anatomy standards." Huaisang added, looking at the two in disbelief.

"How are you not bursting at the seams right now?! It should be physically impossible for someone your size to eat that much food!" Zixuan yelled pointing at TaiFeng.

"And you." He pointed at Wuxian.
"How are you not passed out on the floor right now?"

Wuxian and TaiFeng just looked at each other.

"Don't mind them, their lightweights." Wuxian remarked.

"Indeed." TaiFeng replied nodding her head.
"We're just built different."

As she said this , she got a slight chill up her spine.

' Why is it so drafty?'

She turned round to see a servant coming towards them with a plate of food.