Loving Waves (Mera, aka Aquawoman)

"Mister Wayne!" He groaned, the headache from the previous night still lingering. The various hits he received from the many villains he faced at night had been getting to him. He groaned even further when he realized that he had forgotten to contact the current monarch of Atlantis as he had planned. But nothing he could do to fix that problem he caused. Though he stood up, the voice of one of his friends yelling his name was turning his headache worse. And he definitely did not want to deal with a headache right now.

"What is it, Lucius?" His eyes were heavy, as if they were trying to make him go to sleep once more. Yet there was a distinctive sound, something that he didn't recognize. And it had been that sound that fully awakened him from his slight delirious state. He stepped towards the door, the knocks diminishing slightly as he opened the door. He stared right at Lucius, though immediate anger and rage filled his eyes.

Lucius Fox, a very old friend of his, had a thin line of blood escaping from his lips. He saw as he crumbled down to his knees, his arms falling lifelessly as he laid out on the floor. Bruce Wayne did not want to believe what had happened in front of his eyes, yet one look behind his now deceased friend told him more than what he may have wanted to know. They were under attack, and his mind could only think if this was what Mera, the monarch of Atlantis, wanted to warn him about.

He chastised himself, his mind telling him that it was all his fault for not doing what he was supposed to do. He looked at his attackers, Atlanteans warriors that were seemingly eliminating any help that the widow queen of Atlantis could receive. He used the darkness of his home to creep through the various passages, his eyes carefully pinpointing the amount of Atlanteans that were in his house vandalizing it and killing his family. He was just thankful that none of his adoptive sons were with him right at this moment and that Alfred, his trusted butler, was visiting his family elsewhere.

"I have to end this quickly..." He muttered, his voice almost barely heard even by himself. He only knew what he said because it was his mind who thought of the words beforehand. Yet he was unable to even begin his counterattack, two of the Atlantean warriors spotting him quite quickly. He evaded the blasts, even if he barely dodged them, and started to run away into the darkness once again. He could feel them following him, a slight smirk appearing on his face as he dropped towards the Batcave. He needed his suit, to at least be able to survive the blasts from their water-based blasters.

He saw the Batcave, falling down one of the many openings he had created. He needed to act quickly, to confront the attackers that had wanted to kill him in his very house. Yet before he could even rush towards his suit, a pressurized blast of water hit him in his ribcage. The blast sent him crashing down many valuable equipment, though he knew that he could replace them. He has not forgotten the time that his very own villains invaded and destroyed his previous lair. He gasped in slight pain, his eyes growing weary as he could barely see what was happening. His eyes caught up the sight of green with hints of red before he remembered no more.

With Mera

She was furious, her eyes glaring at her people. She stood over a whirlpool that she had created with her powers, looking down on each and every warrior that had been pointing their guns at Batman. She knew of his identity, having been let into the secret by her late husband, Arthur Curry. She still feels the loss of her king and she will forever love him, but her heart now belongs to another. She looked behind, watching the now unconscious hero with a gentle smile on her face. He had been there in her time of need, helping her in everything she needed.

"Stand down!" She shouted, ignoring the feelings she had for the man in her protection briefly. She needed to resolve this situation as fast as she could, to be able to check if he needed any help with injuries that her warriors may have caused. She was ever vigilant, even when she was mostly preoccupied with the Dark Knight's health. "Bruce Wayne is under my protection" She commanded, her eyes showing everyone why she was the current ruler of Atlantis. Her voice demanded respect, and she could see just how some of the warriors slightly lowered their blasters. "Seize this madness!"

"Relinquish him, Queen Mera. These are orders from the true king of Atlantis" She scoffed, her mind realizing what was happening right this moment. Ocean Master was probably trying to create a coup d'état, forming his own group to finally have the throne. She knew for some time that some of her warriors went missing, but she never expected them to betray their queen. It angered her greatly, her eyes harshly glaring at each one of them. "Or we will take him from your smoldering corpse"

"So be it!" She screamed, freezing water spikes that shot out of the large whirlpool she stood on. She released them, the spikes impaling the warrior who even dared raise his voice against her. When she did so, she saw everyone else try and blast her with their weapons, but her power her unstoppable. Water rained down on them, freezing mere seconds before it reached them to be able to go for the kill. She knew that it was not how Bruce Wayne dealt with things, but her hands were already stained with blood. She had no reservation in holding back if it meant the safety of those she held dear. She lost her king because she held back and she will not do so again, because she wouldn't be able to live through more suffering.

In no time, each and every warrior was dead. The Dark Knight's lair reeks of blood, bodies lingering in each corner possible. She sighed, manipulating the water around to not only wash up the bodies, but clean up the blood that was left. It didn't take her long, and she definitely didn't need to keep a constant watch for her back. She was alone with the hero in the cave. So, she looked down at the man, her green eyes softly looking at the hero who had been helping her. She even remembers that he was also helping her improve Atlantean technology by mixing it with human technology, a sight to behold if she had to say anything about it. She sat on her knees, moving her face towards his own.

"I'm sorry I didn't arrive on time..." She whispered, her lips lingering barely over his. She wanted to kiss him, a moment that she would only remember. And while a very tempting offer in her mind, she wanted him to remember their moment as well. Sighing, she forced herself to sit straight. She did, however, positioned his head in her lap. Her hand softly caressed his dark soft hair tenderly. Her soft purple lips smiled softly, closing her eyes as she manipulated the water around to heal the wounds that he had suffered. It will not be long until he wakes up, but she will enjoy this moment as long as she can.