Remembrance of Time (Violet Harper, aka Halo)

She was weak, groaning in pain as she barely was able to stand up. Her head ached badly, pulsing each and every second that passed. It was unimaginable, the amount of pain she felt was almost on the verge of her breaking point. She needed help and needed it very badly, but she barely trusted anyone right at this moment. Not when she was this injured. Not when she barely knew anyone around her.

She suddenly felt a hand on her wrist, which caused her to groggily open her eyes. The first thing that she saw was a dark glove, which immediately got her brain to start thinking about who it could be. Yet even with all her thinking, fear was the most prominent feeling in her mind. She couldn't remember anything about herself. Name, parents, birth date; she couldn't remember a single thing about herself.

"W-Who are-" But even when she had no memories of her persona, a memory struck her mind in a flash. Fear and impotence filled her entire body, which caused her to react without even wanting to. Her eyes widened in horror, her body shining brightly in a strange aura that she didn't know where it came from. Yet she didn't even want to know right this moment. She just wanted to be out of the danger that surrounded her. "No!"

She hit whoever was near her with an energy blast. She had no idea just how she did so, nor even just how she started to levitate in the air. But it gave her time to run away. To get away from the danger that she feared, to escape the unknown that haunted her in this very moment. She did stop though, looking back to see a man wearing a dark cowl with a very technological suit. Her hands started to quiver, fear emitted out of her body. She tried to fly away, she really did try to get as far as she possibly could. Yet the haunts were not allowing her to even move, even when she was looking at the man walking towards her.

"Stay away from me!" She yelled, her body out of control. She didn't realize it earlier, but she had an orange aura all around her. It slowly allured her into some sort of comfort zone, yet she still was afraid of whoever was getting near her. "I won't let you hurt me again!" Her fears were as high as they could be, especially when all she could remember were the screams of terror of the people around her. She didn't want to be the next one on the list, fear blinding her to reality. She wanted to survive and be able to find just who she really was. "I mean it! Stay away or I'll..."

It was then that she suddenly grew weak, her powers fading. She fell from the skies, her body plummeting down to the ground below. She didn't even want to look, her eyes forcing themselves to stay open. A sudden breeze caught her attention, her body being held up by the same man that she was screaming at earlier. She was caught by surprise, the man she wanted far away from her had just saved her from probably dying. She didn't understand what was happening any longer, not when all her mind reminded her were of the screams caused by whichever she was around.

"Don't hurt me... Please..." She whispered, her eyes expressing all the fear she had inside. Yet looking at him and staring directly at his cowl, she could see that he never meant any harm towards her. He looked a bit rough around the edges, but she noticed that he was a good soul. Someone who would be there for people in need, people just like her. She didn't know what it meant, but her heart skipped a beat. Her mind betrays her even with things that she was experiencing.

"If I wanted to hurt you, we wouldn't be talking" She gulped, understanding the seriousness of his words. She could guess that by his reaction, that he was an expert fighter. To be able to outmaneuver himself around people with powers, like herself, and end up victorious. She wanted to learn to be as strong and valiant as he was, because maybe she would be able to stop trembling. "You seem very weak... How long has it been since you had food?"

"Food?" She tilted her face slightly, not remembering a word that was described in that specific matter. She honestly hated her current fate, unable to recall even the simplest of words, yet all her mind was capable of was returning her to the chaos and destruction she had apparently survived. It was sure to haunt her for a very long time, and it was this specific memory that she wanted to forget. To be able to be out of her trauma. She hoped that he would be able to help her.

Time Skip

"Halo, are you here?" She immediately turned around, her eyes landing on the man that had saved her from war. It had been a few months since she not only met Batman, who she knew to be Bruce Wayne, but had joined the new superhero team called, the Outsiders. They were the ones who would be there when the more popular teams were forced to not act. To be the force who will protect the innocent and the needed.

"Be right there!" She yelled, a smile on her face as she finished up what she was doing. In the months that had passed, not only had she created bonds that would never break but she had started to slowly remember who she was. She still did not know what her name was, which is one of the things she is more excited to find out about. But Batman made a promise to her, and she could see him day and night working on the computer to find out exactly just who she was before her lost memories. Walking at a fast pace, she reached where Batman was with a slight huff in her breath.

"I have found it, Halo" She raised a brow in question, until both her eyes opened wide in shock. Her smile also widened exponentially, her heart throbbing against her chest quite quickly. He kept his promise, and he found out her real name. She definitely did not want to be tricked again like when a couple tried to convince her of being a Gabrielle Doe, which was an elaborate cover up by the one that had knocked her unconscious those months ago. "Your name is Violet Harper"

"Violet Harper..." She had to say it, to get the feeling with her own mouth. She needed to remember the name, the name that was hers and hers alone. She smiled widely, and she could swear that her cheeks were hurting a bit because of all the excitement in her body. She approached the hero and immediately hugged him, kissing him on the cheek. She really appreciated everything he had done for her. From saving her from a war, to saving her from almost being kidnapped and even finding out what was her real name. He had done everything to keep her safe. "Thank you, Bruce!"

"No need, Halo. It was a promise and I fulfill my promises" She smiled, her lips kissing his other cheek before getting out of the room with a never-ending smile on her face. She looked back and waved at the hero in black, a soft giggle escaping from her lips. She should definitely find the courage to confess her feelings to the Dark Knight, to her Dark Knight. But until that day comes, she would just be content with being able to stay besides him in this team they had made. She was Violet Harper, yet she was also Halo. And both of them were immensely grateful for Batman's intervention in her life.