Wings of Passion (Kendra Saunders, aka Hawkgirl)

She walked slowly to the training room, her step bringing the force that she was known for. Her mace swang front and back, the handle in her belt holding the mace in place. She needed to train, to keep her mind off the image of two of her teammates. It felt weird to her, seeing Martian Manhunter actually getting along with Dinah Lance was actually getting on her nerves. She was not mother material but he has a son with her, even if her son was from the future of an alternate timeline. She loved her son dearly, something that she never knew that she wanted. And now that she has finally decided to get her properties straight, everything was slowly disappearing from her eyes.

She sighed, not really blaming either one of the two for trying to create something together. Even if she didn't want to admit it, it was her fault for taking so long. For trying to distance herself from the martian while she took time to think about it. She had no one else to blame but herself, which was why she needed to forget everything that had been happening. She stopped for a moment right in front of the electrical door, her hand moving directly to the keypad that was right beside the door. She swiftly marked the code, the green light confirming that she had gained access to the training room.

The first thing that she heard were the hard sound of punches against the sandbag, one sound that she was way too familiar with. Her eyes focused on one of the members that she hardly ever had seen train in her life. She had her eyes on the Dark Knight, his cowl still over his face, punching and kicking the sandbag with force that most would envy. For a human without any power behind his back, he was quite strong. She was always inspired by the man, wanting to be even a bit like him. And she could not forget that one of her past lives had a brief attraction for the man, which made things even harder for her.

"I see that you're taking your frustrations out on the poor sandbag" She snarked, her eyes trailing down the body of the man in front of her. She never really noticed, but her past life really had great tastes. She knew that her past life never interacted with the hero, faint memories of the woman just looking at the hero from either newspapers or live television. But the physical attraction had been there, she knew it. She sighed silently, her eyes catching just how the man stopped attacking the sandbag to stare directly at her with a slight glare.

"It is none of your business, Hawkgirl" She just rolled her eyes at that. It was not like no one knew exactly why the Dark Knight was acting in such a way. After the news of Wonder Woman and Superman getting together once again went around the Watchtower, she had noticed the sourness that he would have. He had started to act more reserved, though it was not noticeable by much. Yet it seems that he fell to old habits, the grunts and words that evaded topics. It made her think about what to do that would benefit the two of them, and she had the perfect idea.

"Why not a spar?" She offered, his eyes staring at her directly to her face. She began walking to the training mat that was closer to the edge of the training room, her hands going to the vest that she was wearing and taking it off. She thankfully had come prepared for anything, her outfit hugging her body tightly and perfectly. She unclipped her mace, placing it near her vest as she stared right back at the man who had yet to move from the sandbag's area. She just smirked his way, a look that promised pain sent towards his direction. "You know that we deserve the distraction..."

It took a few seconds, her eyes staring at the Dark Knight in slight anger at his unresponsive nature. Yet her eyes showed mirth as soon as he started walking towards her, a soft grunt coming from his throat. She grinned widely, her wings flapping slightly to the movements she had been doing to prepare herself. And she could honestly say that the grunt he led out had made her extremely excited. But ignoring those kinds of thoughts, she knew that it would not be an easy task to take on Batman. The man was as dangerous as any metahuman that she has met in her life. But here she was, waiting for the opportunity to face off against the Dark Knight himself.

"How about a bet, Batman?" Her smirk only widened, fist already in front of her body as she circled the mat. She could see that the hero was doing the same thing, hands already up in a defensive position as he kept mimicking her movements. She noticed the raised brow even behind the cowl, a way for her to know that she had gotten his attention. "If you win, I'll do whatever you want" An immediate grunt escaped from his throat yet again, this time making her blush a bit. She did recover quickly, but she was sure that he had noticed her reaction to his current way of communicating with people. But she was prepared, the mirth still in her eyes even as she offered the entirety of the bet. "But if I win, you take me out on a date. How does that sound?"

"Prepare yourself" She smirked, her body moving instinctively around the mat. She evaded the punches and kicks that he had started with, a frightful combination that was sure to injure even the strongest metahumans. But she was a trained warrior, her wings slightly helping her maneuver around the blurry attacks of the Dark Knight. And when she tried to counter attack with her very own moves, he simply dodged or parried. She could only smirk further, her dark hair moving alongside her in the spar that she was having right at this moment.

It was a stalemate, Batman and herself had not gotten any significant attack on each other. Their fight slowly transformed into a dance, rhythmic and decisive movements were being tossed around in the fight. She didn't remember when was the last time that she had fully enjoyed herself in a fight, even if it was for training. She came here trying to forget about one man that seemingly was not getting the hint that she was sending him, yet here she was now thinking about another man that had been in her mind on rare occasions. It was there that she noticed it, the slip up from the man. And by grasping his shoulder in a secure lock, she took full advantage of it

*THUD*

She brought him down to the mat, sweat dripping down her forehead as she still kept her smirk. She had pinned Batman down to the mat, her fierce strength only increasing when she noticed that he was trying to find a way out of the hold. She had him right where she wanted him, a win in her favor. She wanted to let him go, calling the end of the match between the two but she needed confirmation. She has not truly won their bet until she hears him say it from his own mouth.

"Yield, Batman?" She mocked, her tongue softly caressing her lips. She could hardly wait for the date that she had gotten herself thanks to the spar that she just had with the man. She never really expected for the man to ever agree to it, but she liked to think that he knew that there was nothing else he could do to salvage what he really wanted. She slowly noticed just how his efforts slowly faded, her eyes shining brightly at the significance of his actions.

"I yield" She was ecstatic, her hands quickly releasing the shoulder of the man she had trapped beneath her. She had a red hue on her cheeks, she could feel the warmths coursing through her face. She stood up, extending her hand towards the still downed hero. He gracefully took it, which made her use part of her strength to help him up from the floor. She still had her eyes on his face, looking just how the man adjusted his cowl carefully before staring right at her. The two didn't say anything at all, only a nod from Bruce Wayne was enough for Kendra Saunders to know that she had what she wanted.

"Perfect! I'll see you next week for our date then~" She added sensually, walking first towards her equipment that she left to the side for the spar she had just won. She bent forward a bit, her arms reaching the handle of the mace quite quickly. Yet she felt eyes on her, which made her glance back discretion. She noticed that the hero was staring directly into her bottom, which only reinforced the attraction she felt for him and one that apparently he felt for her as well. She said nothing, placing the mace in her belt and taking the vest and placing it over her shoulder. She walked away with a slight sway of her hip, the smirk never leaving her face for the entirety of their encounter. She was really looking forward to the date that she was going to have with Gotham's finest.