Chapter 24!

ALEX POV: "Your apartment is really nice babe." Kellin compliments as he plops down on my king size bed. We had just arrived in Baltimore about 15 minutes ago and I was showing Kellin around my studio apartment.

"Thanks Kells. Have you decided what you want for dinner or no?" I ask, beginning to unpack my things.

"No. I'm just really tired right now. I think I'm going to take a nap or something and then maybe you and I could go out to eat somewhere." He says, slipping his shoes off and sliding under the comforter of my bed.

"Sure thing love. I'm gonna go to the grocery store to pick up some food and other things. Want anything in particular?" I ask him, grabbing my car keys off the night table stand.

"No, but hurry back. I wanna cuddle." He says looking up at me with sleepy eyes. I chuckle at his stature.

"You are too cute for your own good, you know that?" I ask him as I walk over to his side of the bed, sitting next to his body.

"Yeah? Well, you know, I try." He says smirking slyly. I roll my eyes in a playful way and shove his shoulder.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Anyways, I'll be back soon, okay?" I say, leaning over to peck his lips. He slides his gentle palms up to my face, cupping it, before placing his lips on mine in a sweet kiss. He pulls back lazily and smiles up at me.

"Okay." He whispers before turning away from me and lying his head on the pillow next to him. I quickly stand up and walk out of my room, heading towards the front door to leave.

***

As I'm walking down an aisle, searching for something, I spot a certain someone and immediately freeze in my tracks. It was Jack. I quickly turn and try to walk away, but it was already too late, he had seen me.

"Alex!" He yells, running towards me. I internally groan as he approaches me, he looked good. Really good.

"H-Hi Jack..." I say, now suddenly feeling shy.

"Hey Alex, how've you-" I cut off his actions of trying to hug me and move away.

"Please. Don't touch me." I say in a standoffish way. He tilts his head to the side and looks at me with an odd expression on his face.

"Um, alright then. Well, how've you been? How was tour?" He asks awkwardly.

"I'm good and tour was a little troubling, but fun. How are you?" I ask, looking deep into his marvelous eyes, admiring them.

"Why so troubling? And I'm doing fine. I'm actually glad I caught you here. We need to discuss some things." He says.

"Just been going through a lot of drama with Vic, his girlfriend, and Kellin. But everything is okay now, and like what?" I ask.

"Oh that's good to hear and like our new record. Why don't you come by the house tonight so we can-"

"Um, I don't think that's a good idea right now. Kellin and I just flew in from San Diego and we're kinda beat. I just came by the store to pick up a few things before heading home." I say, cutting Jack off. He frowns at me, looking defeated.

"Oh okay. Maybe tomorrow then?" He asks.

"We'll see." I say.

"Alex?" He asks.

"Yes Jack?" I ask, giving him my full attention.

"Are you... okay? Like around me? I don't want what we had to complicate things between us. We're still best friends, right?" He asks hopefully.

"I-, um, I don't know." I say dumbfoundedly.

"What do you mean 'you don't know'?" He asks, confusion clearly written all over his face.