Chapter 5!

KELLIN POV: I look up at him in disbelief as I move my laptop off of my lap and on to the bed. "What do you mean we're getting a divorce?!" I ask incredulously.

"I mean just what I say. I want a divorce Kellin. I don't want to be married to you anymore." He says bluntly. I now let the tears that I have been holding back cascade down my face.

"What have I done to make you not want me anymore? I mean, I know that we haven't been on the best of terms lately, but damn. You really think a divorce is gonna solve that? Because its not. The only way we can solve it is that we sit down and talk about it. So c'mon, let's talk, hm?" I say, but he just shakes his head and hops off the bed.

"No Kellin. I'm tired of talking it out. I just- I don't know... Things aren't like how they used to be. Plus... I'm not in love with you anymore." He says. It was at this point where I completely break down.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT IN LOVE WITH ME ANYMORE?! After everything we've been through, after everything you said to me, was it all just a lie? Vic, I don't underst-"

"Of course you don't understand Kellin! You never will! Look, I don't love you and I never will again. I'm in love with Danielle." He blurts out quickly. I suddenly look up at him in shock to see a bit of regret in his eyes before it quickly disappears.

"W-What? H-How could you l-leave me for h-her? You said you'd never leave me! Y-You said you'd never love a-anyone but me! Y-You said I was your one and o-only! H-How could you do this to me?!" I sob, reaching out to him, desperately searching for a sign that this is just some horrible dream. But at last, it was my worst nightmare come true.

***

VIC POV: I look at Kellin and my heart begins to break for him. I did this to him, this is all my fault, but it had to be done. I couldn't keep leading him on, making him think that I was actually still in love with him. No, he deserves better. Someone way better than me...

"I'm sorr-"

"NO! DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TRY TO SAY YOU'RE SORRY! BECAUSE YOU ARE FAR FROM IT MY FRIEND! I BLANTLY ASKED YOU IF THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE AND YOU STOOD THERE AND LIED RIGHT IN MY FUCKING FACE!!!" He yells, his sadness turning into anger. He suddenly grips his stomach as if he were about to be sick. "Oh my God... I hung out with that homewrecker! I-I thought she was a friend and she was sleeping with you this whole entire time, that trifling slut!" He says, clenching his stomach even more. It was at this point that my sympathy turned into anger.

"HEY! Shut the fuck up! Don't you dare talk about the love of my life like that! I understand that your mad, but if anything be mad at me, not her." I say, seething.

"T-The love of your l-life?! Wow! Not ain't this some shit. Oh look, my husband here is defending his little whore! WHAT ABOUT ME VIC?! Who was there for you through everything?! Who stuck by your side when no one wanted anything to do with you?! Who was the one who loved you unconditionally despite whatever mistakes you made?! I WAS! I-I was there for you from the beginning!!! And where was Danielle, huh? Probably off fucking someone else's husband, seeing as though she likes to break up happy families!" He yells, tears once again falling down his cheeks.

"Kellin, please... Calm d-" He suddenly gets really close to me and that's when I see the pure agony and rage in his eyes. Boy oh boy, if looks could kill...

"Tell me to calm down again and I swear you'll regret it. I can't believe I fell for the likes of you. I've wasted two perfectly good years of my life being married to you. I was nothing but a wondeful, kind husband to you and my number one priority was to make you happy, but you didn't feel the same way." He says, looking directly into my eyes. Ouch... some of that actually stung. Our marriage wasn't a complete waste... He moves past me and towards the closet. I see him pull down a suitcase and open it before beginning to throw clothes and other various items into it. I stand back and watch him as he furiously packs his things and suddenly, I smile. This is it. I'm finally free. He looks up and notices.