Chapter 17- Take me to the sky

Start from the beginning

I knew that I was falling in love with him.

I was deeply falling for him.

But the question is, will it be safe for him? If I start there will be no turning back. How can I assure anything while my life is also hanging by a thread?

I was so submerged in my thoughts that I didn't realise that the person beside me was calling my name. I snapped out of my virtual world and came back to my senses.

"Are you alright?" I saw a pair of black orbs staring into my eyes. Heaving a soft sigh, I nodded with a small smile.

"I'm alright...I was thinking about something" he gave me a concerned look as I said.

"What is worrying you?" I turned to him.

"If you don't know what the consequences will be, but if you still want it so bad what will you do Jungkook? What if I'm too scared to try but also I want it so bad" I tried to keep my voice steady so he wouldn't feel the shakiness of it. He pressed his lips tightly, nibbling his chin as he was seriously thinking about it.

"Well let's see, tell me, Miss Park, will you regret it if you won't give it a try?" He asked in a funny voice, not in a mocking way but more in a soothing way.

"I guess...I don't know, but I think yes" My words exposed the clear confusion inside my head. I looked at him waiting for his answer.

"I think you should try, you should listen and follow your heart sometimes not always this," he said, tapping his head. I chuckled as he said. As he saw that my worries were a bit eased he took his chance.

"Would you like to visit a special place?" My eyes curiously looked into his.

"A special place ?" He nodded.

"Mmhmm, I visited there when I was small" he looked over my shoulders and gently pulled me away making me realize that I was blocking the way for a few locals who were carrying bunches of newly plucked flowers

"Sorry," I mumbled and stood closer to Jungkook. He slid his hand to mine,

"Come on let's go to a place that is less crowded"

We both started walking a little bit further and then turned to a small route where Jungkook guided me to his 'Special place'  We didn't have to walk far until we met with a plateau area in a bit higher ground. When we climbed there I could see the bluish ocean like a thick coat with the white shore lining.

The strong breeze passed us, wrapping us with its salty yet chilly touch. I stood up on a piece of log and captured the spectacular view below us. The people on the beach wined dolls. From the right side, I saw the harbour where the RMS Titanic was anchored. Even the majestic queen looked like a toy ship to the top.

"It's amazing!" I jumped from the log and stepped near Jungkook who was enjoying the view as I was.

"I know right" he exhaled a deep breath. " It looks the same sixteen years ago" Jungkook walked to a rocky mounted area where the view was more visible and gestured for me to follow him. He flexed his hands, letting the wind hit him and cut through him.

"Woohoo!" He screamed into the air.

"I'm free like a bird!" He again shouted, it looked like he was blending all his worries in his words and letting go of it to the air. The pressure, the obligations, he was free of everything at that moment.

He smiled innocently, inhaling sharply.

"I finally feel free," he said to me. My eyes drew to the horizon.

"I wish I was up in the sky like a cloud, where there're no rules, with no beginning nor destination" My gaze met with Jungkook's. He extended his hand toward me.

"Let me take you to the sky" I chuckled and took his hand and Jungkook helped me to get on the rock he was on. I slowly stepped in maintaining my balance. The rays of sunlight bathed us with their warmth while the chill of the blow hugged us tightly. I positioned myself in front of Jungkook while still having a tight grip on his hand with the fear of falling the steep.

"Jungkook I'm scared," I said looking down. He slid his arms around my waist, holding me tightly.

"Close your eyes" he whispered to my ears. I obeyed him, but my hands were still gripping him tightly. He held both of my hands, I felt my body pressing against his. Jungkook's bangs of soft silky hair were brushing my face. My stomach felt like doing summersaults inside me. I could feel my heart racing fast. He wrapped his arms around mine, slowly flexing them with his.

"Now open them, look at the horizon" his smooth voice talked to me

"Now open them, look at the horizon" his smooth voice talked to me. I opened my eyes, gazing at the deep ocean. Even up to today I still remember how I felt that day. It was beyond amazing. It was a mixture of a feeling of amusement, jitter and excitement. I couldn't help but smile. Jungkook's arms wrapped around mine, keeping me close to him. Between his arms, I felt protected and embraced.

"I feel like I'm in the sky" I whispered to him. He chuckled as I said.

"I granted your wish, you should grant mine as well" I softly laughed.

"What is your wish?"

"A promise to stay safe until the end and make me realise that I'm not a complete failure " I turned to him.

"Don't push yourself too hard Jungkook..." He heaved a sigh and looked into my eyes with hope.

"Promise me Y/n, that no matter what happens you will be safe" I nodded but deep inside I felt like something was daggering my heart. Something that scared me. 

"I promise"

There was a fear that ghosted me.

A fear that I might not be able to make his wish come true.

But I determined to never give up on hopes.

It was Jungkook's wish...

Hi guys I know it's been a while but phew I was able to update again. And don't worry since I'm on a break again I'm able to update frequently. I might update again tomorrow night. Stay tuned for more updates.

Hope you liked the chapter. I added little bit of emotional feelings here lol.

What's the reason Jungkook is so worried about? Will Y/n be able to grant his wish?

Keep reading folks.

See you very soon ❤️