Chapter 49

鬼

Mio sat next to Sokka, who were both examining the maps of the Fire Nation, studying the layout, and going over the invasion plan one more time to make sure everything was in order

"Top of the morning, Momo!" A familiar voice exclaimed. Mio turned his head to see Aang standing near Toph with Momo on his shoulder.

"Sounds like you slept well" Katara comments with a smile. "Like a baby mooselion," Aang replied. "I'm ready to face the Fire Lord" He continued in a confident tone while assuming a fighting stance. "So what's your strategy for taking him down? Going to get your glow on and hit him with a little Avatar State action?" Toph questioned from where she sat.

Aang looks down dejectedly at her question, "I can't. When Azula shot me with lighting, my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe."

"You know what I just heard? Blah blah spiritual mumbo jumbo blah blah something about space" Toph groaned.

Before Aang could say anything else about the topic, Katara's worried-filled voice pulled their attention over to where she was pointing at.

"Oh, no. Sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?"

"No, that is the invasion" Sokka grins, looking over the cliff, Water Tribe ships appearing from behind said fog.

Everyone made their way down to the sand to greet each other. Toph and Aang easily earthbended some docks for the ships to dock beside.

"Dad!" Katara exclaimed, Sokka runs along with her and they engulf their Father in a warm hug. "You made it Dad!"

"Were you able to locate everyone I told you to find?" Sokka asked him while still holding onto Katara. "I did" Their Father answers with a small smile on his lips. "But I'm a little worried, Sokka" He continues as he looks back toward his ship, where two men were descending the plank. "Some of these men aren't exactly the warrior type."

"Whooo-wheee. This place ain't nothing like a swamp" One of them shouts, clearly excited and full of energy. He then points at a rock in the water, "What'd you reckon that is, Tho? Some sort of exploding Fire Nation trap that would eat ya?"

"It's just a rock, Due" The one named Tho replied.

"Well, I'll be" Due smiles, scratching his hat. "Is it just me, or are those fellas a little loose in the leaf hat?" Katara and Sokka's Dad asked skeptically.

"I just wish they would wear pants" Bato, another member of the Water Tribe complained.

"Pants are an illusion and so is death," Another man said from behind the two in front, scratching his big belly.

Mio desperately looks around the ships, almost tripping Sokka in the process of looking for a certain someone. He frowned, gazing off toward the ocean with saddened eyes.