Chapter 23

鬼

"General Iroh is on board, Sir."

"So he accepted Zhao's offer. Never allow him to enter this room without my permission."

"Yes Sir" And with that, the door loudly closed with a clang. 

Shoko slowly opened his eyes at the noise. He was sitting on a chair with his hand uncomfortably tied to the back while his legs were bound to the ground. He cracked his neck and looked at the man in front of him. "What do you want?" He whispered, his voice quiet and laced with anger.

"I've managed to capture you once again," Yuji smiled. "You were unconscious for three days."

"Three days?" Shoko repeated. 

"Did you really think you could escape me?"

"Actually, I did. I was only distracted because of the..." He trailed off. "Zuko! Where's Zuko?!" He asked, his tone growing more and more impatient.

Yuji smirked devilishly. "He's dead" He reached closer to whisper in his ear. 

Shoko's eyes widened. Zuko is dead? No, this can't be true!

"You're lying!" Shoko shouted. 

Yuji's smile only grew in amusement, "You're in denial. But sooner or later, the truth will sink in."

Shoko looked down to his feet, he could feel the corner of his eyes forming warm tears. He glared, forcing them back as he faced the taller man. "What are you going to do with me?"

"I'm glad you asked. I'm planning on keeping you tied up here until you rot. Y'know, just like when we were assassins in training, whenever you messed up, I had to pay for it as well... I can make all the pain go away... only if you join me. Just like you did years ago" Yuji leaned closer to press a kiss against Shoko's neck, he then stood back up and walked out, locking the door behind him. 

Shoko blankly stared at the wall, although they might've not met under the best circumstances, he just couldn't accept his death, after years of loneliness and pretending, he couldn't lose his only hope of humanity.

His eyes narrowed toward a quiver full of arrows and a bow that lay on the opposite side of him. Thankfully, Yuji was stupid enough to capture and imprison him in his weaponry hold.

❥・❥

A day later, Yuji came back. 

He closed the door and looked at Shoko's expressionless face. "Have you thought about what I told you?"

He didn't respond, he only looked at him. He was waiting for Yuji to do something. And he did. He moved closer to Shoko's neck and slightly moved his messy braid to press a warm kiss. Shoko smirked before letting his mouth form an O so a soft and quiet moan could escape.