Chapter 39

I'll most likely start updating some chapters during the weekends since I'm pretty busy with school and other things

I'll most likely start updating some chapters during the weekends since I'm pretty busy with school and other things. Thanks for all the support! I'm truly glad you've all stuck with me this far ❤️

"You did the right thing. Letting the Avatar's bison go free."

"I don't feel right" Zuko replied in a quiet tone, slowly closing his eyes before passing out onto the floor with a thud. Shoko hurried over to him and gently picked his head up, looking up at Iroh with wide eyes. 

"Zuko!"

❥・❥

Zuko woke up the next day. He smiled weakly when he took notice of Shoko who sat next to him, holding onto his hand. "You're burning up" Iroh explained as he dipped a cloth in water, "You have an intense fever."

Shoko took the cloth from the general's hands and placed it on Zuko's forehead with his empty arm. "This will help you cool down."

"So... thirsty" Zuko exhaled, sitting up.

Iroh grabbed a bucket and pulled out a spoonful of water. "Here's some clean water to drink. Stay under the blankets and sweat this out."

Zuko pulled his hand from Shoko's hold and took the spoon from Iroh to drink. Once it was empty, he grabbed onto the bucket and drank it all while some spilled on the sides. He tossed it to the side when he finished and laid down. 

Shoko pulled the warm blankets upwards to cover his chest.

"So you still care about me?" Zuko's voice came out raspy. 

Shoko's lips curved into a small smile as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Of course, I care about you, idiot. But that doesn't change the fact you thought I would betray you that easily."

"I'm... sorry."

Shoko frowned. "For what?"

"You know," Zuko coughed, "For messing up our friendship..." He looked to the side, thinking if he should finish his sentence or not. "And because I know you saw me and Jin kissing."

Shoko nodded slowly, accepting his apology silently. 

"You know what would make me feel better?"

Zuko hummed as he waited for a response. 

"Get better for me, okay?"

The Prince smiled again, "I'll try."

And he fell into a deep sleep.

❥・❥

After a while, Zuko started to shift around his bed, panting uncontrollably.