Chapter 25

Thank you so much for all the inspiration you've given me! I really appreciate it

Thank you so much for all the inspiration you've given me! I really appreciate it. Book 1 is finally finished!!! I'm super excited about book 2 and I hope it doesn't take me too long to publish the first few chapters!

Shoko and Zuko were struggling with the blizzard while dragging the young bald monk after them. Their faces were partially covered to protect them from the freezing weather. Aang's tattoos remained glowing. A few moments later, the ice that Shoko stood on began cracking, he was in front of Zuko. He looked over to the Prince, horror in his eyes. 

They raced through the snow but the impact on the ice caved in and threw them off balance. They were thrown several feet away and landed roughly in the snow. Zuko lost his grip on Aang and kicked up a cloud of snow. Said cloud dissipated, showing Zuko and Aang lying in the snow. Shoko barely escaped as he looked at them. 

He helped Zuko back onto his feet, looking over the scene. In the aftermath of the cave-in, the ground was severely disrupted. "Shelter," Zuko muttered. Shoko nodded in agreement and helped drag Aang into the cave. Zuko made sure to tie him carefully. Then, they both sat on the floor, breathing fire to keep warm. 

"You finally have him," Shoko said. "But you can't get him home because of this blizzard."

Zuko stood up and looked outside of the cave. "There's always something. Once this blizzard ends, I'll take him home and take my rightful place on the throne" He explained, turning around to face Shoko, "What are you going to do after all this? You've got your memories back, and there's nothing holding you back from betraying me and leaving with the Avatar-"

Shoko frowned, in fact, he didn't want this adventure to end. Some selfish part of him wanted Aang to wake up and successfully escape. "I don't know yet. Maybe I'll wander around again. After all, It's not like my parents will accept me with open arms and forgive all my past mistakes. They did say if I were to go against the Fire Nation, they'll have me executed."

Zuko's eyes widened. "Executed? What'd you do?" 

Shoko shrugged again, "Nothing important" His hand traced his eyepatch. "I don't care what you think, but your father is a cruel man."

Zuko didn't say anything back, he only continued looking outside. "He's like my sister, the Avatar I mean." He began, "Everything always came easy to her. She's a firebending prodigy and everyone adores her. My dad says she was born lucky. He says I was lucky to be born. I don't need luck, though. I don't want it. I've always had to struggle and fight and that's made me strong. It's made me who I am."

Shoko smiled warmly at him. "You know, we're not that different. I was only thirteen when I killed all those kids. And when I left the Fire Nation I had to manage on my own. I only had myself to rely on. But it's not all that bad, I discovered who I really was. I don't mind being the way I am today, sure it's a little nerve-wracking that I turned out this way, when I was a kid, I was sure I was going to be a good person. My time with my parents was hell. I don't regret leaving, but all the things I did... they sound so... merciless. I've killed so many despite me being so young, I'm a monster-"