Chapter 21

鬼

Iroh slowly strolled over to Shoko and Zuko who were both resting their hands against the ship's railings. Once they noticed his presence, they turned around to face him. 

"Uh, Prince Zuko, considering we are on the Avatar's tail, and Zhao is nowhere in sight, that gives us some time to spare before we reach the Southern Water Tribe, and I was thinking that we could dock near a village market, I need to buy a White Lotus tile for Pai Sho" He explained while looking at his nephew nervously yet determined to get his game piece.

Zuko's face practically grows red from annoyance and confusion, "Uncle, didn't you find it last time?"

Iroh chuckled nervously and stroked his beard, "Yes. But you threw it in a river."

Zuko facepalmed, remembering he had indeed thrown his Uncle's stupid game piece. Shoko snickered quietly and placed his hand on the Prince's shoulder, "Come on Zuko, we've been sailing non-stop, a little break wouldn't hurt, for you and the crew. Just like your Uncle said, we're right behind Aang, they'll eventually need to rest as well" He added softly. 

"Fine," Zuko announced and walked off to share the new location with the captain. 

❥・❥

About an hour later, they arrived at the market. Shoko yawned as he walked off the ship. Iroh had already gone with a proud smile at his achievement. He turned to Zuko and poked him with his elbow, "Cheer up, hothead. You need to relax a bit."

"Don't call me that ever again" Zuko frowned. 

"Okay, hothead."

Zuko kicked a stone in front of him, earning a small chuckle from Shoko. They both walked side to side along the market booths. But Shoko's attention soon averted to a strange-looking yet huge tent. "What do you think that is?" He looked over to Zuko.

"Why are you asking me?" He crossed his arms. 

"Well I'm going to find out then," Shoko said and quickly slipped inside and out of Zuko's hold. Despite Zuko's protest, Shoko only rolled his eyes and entered deeper into the tent.

Inside stood a middle-aged woman whose hair was styled into a strange bun while she wore a red kimono. "Uh, hello? I was just wondering what this place is."

"This? This place is nothing unique" Her voice came out soothing and calming, "But I am a fortune teller."

"How lovely. Thanks" And before Shoko could exit the tent, the woman stepped in front of him, "Care to get your fortune told for no charge?"

Shoko shrugged as he thought about it, "Well, what can I lose?" He said and took a seat in front of the woman, she took his hand into her own and smiled, "You're a strong fighter, aren't you?"