Chapter 10

鬼

Shoko stared at the ocean as his mind wandered off into space. Forgetting Appa, along with the others who were flying right above him. Though a loud yell snapped him back to reality, he turned to face Iroh and Prince Zuko. 

"Sailing into Fire Nation waters..." Iroh began, his voice laced with disappointment, "Of all the foolish things you've done in your sixteen years, Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish!"

"I don't have a choice, Uncle."

"Have you completely forgotten that the Fire Lord banished you?" Iroh shouted with slight anger. "What if you're caught?" Shoko looked over to the General and Zuko, thinking it was probably best if he remained quiet. "I'm chasing the Avatar! My father will understand why I am returning home!" 

"You give him too much credit. My brother is not the understanding type!" Iroh argued with his arms crossed. 

Shoko glared at his feet, he felt conflicted. He always did, but now, he felt shivers run up his spine at the mere mention of entering Fire Nation land.

"There they are! Helmsman! Full steam ahead!" Zuko ordered, ignoring his Uncle's pleas to turn around. Shoko grabbed onto the sides of the ship as they went faster, trying to catch up with the others. 

He quickly covered his nose at the horrible stench, he turned to see a catapult coming up from underneath the deck. "Uh, really Prince Zuko, couldn't you shoot them down with something more fragrant?" Iroh pulled out his fan with a disgusted look on his face. 

Shoko's eyes widened when the words sunk in. 

Shoot them down?

Zuko blasted a flame of fire onto the projectile and held his hand up, "On my mark-"

"Fire!" 

The projectile was thrown at the sky bison but it wasn't lit with fire anymore. The soldiers along with Zuko turned to look at Shoko with confusion. He held the fire in between his hands, wincing as he failed to control it, soon shifting over and dropping the flame in the water. 

"Crap, maybe I should've gotten rid of the gloves."

"Or maybe, I should've gotten rid of you" Zuko's voice growls from behind him, Shoko turns around just as a hand slams onto his chest, forcing him against the ship's railings. "What was that?!"

Shoko glared back as he felt the Prince's hands warming up. 

"ANSWER ME!"

"I wasn't going to let you kill my family! Plus, you need the Avatar alive!" 

Zuko growled, as tempting as it was to burn him so he could finally shut his mouth, Iroh placed a hand on his shoulder and pulled him away. 

Shoko's glare remained as he watched Zuko storm off.