Chapter 36

鬼

Shoko's jaw dropped when he saw that there were three bedrooms. "Woah, how did you manage to buy all this, Uncle?"

"The previous owner was a little stupid" Iroh explained. "And I make great bargain."

Shoko practically ran to the bedroom on the right, "This room is mine!" He declared as he closed the door shut right after he entered, falling onto his comfortable bed with his arms spread out.

Right after a while, he picked up the bag Iroh had given him, which held his new clothes. He slipped on the tight dark green turtle neck and dark gray baggy pants, with a black belt to wrap around his waist. It was simple, yet kind of boring. He picked up the vibrant green armlets which started from his wrist and ended halfway up his elbow. He frowned at the reflection the mirror cast.

He preferred blue.

He walked out of his room to see Iroh holding a large vase with several orange flowers in it. The old general placed it on the table in the middle of the room. Zuko started at it coldly, "I just want our place to look nice, in case someone brings home a lady friend!" Iroh exclaimed, looking toward Zuko before shifting his gaze to Shoko. 

Shoko rolled his eyes playfully and let his arms rest on his hips. 

"The clothes suit you well" Iroh pointed out after he successfully put the flowers down in the correct spot. 

Shoko frowned, "I don't like 'em."

"But you look beautiful," Zuko suddenly said. Once he had realized the words he used to describe Shoko, he scratched the back of his head nervously and averted his eyesight somewhere else. 

Shoko coughed awkwardly and hesitantly nodded. 

"This city is a prison. I don't want to make a life here" Zuko replied in a stern tone, making sure his Uncle understood clearly. 

"Life happens wherever you are! Whether you make it or not. Now c'mon, I found us new jobs and we start this afternoon!" Iroh informed, a smile never leaving his lips. 

❥・❥

"A tea shop..." Shoko looked at Zuko as Iroh walked into the shop. "I should've known."

The two grumpy teenagers walked in the moment Iroh introduced them. "Hello. We are your new employees!"

"Welcome!" The owner of the tea shop smiled back. "Let me see if I can guess correctly, you are Lee," He pointed at Zuko then to Shoko, " And you are Shishu."

They both nod in unison. 

"I am Pao. Let's start you guys right away. Here are your aprons" Pao handed them pieces of cloth. Iroh gladly accepted his and handed the two others to Zuko and Shoko.