𝙲𝚑. 𝟹𝟻: 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝

Start from the beginning

Gagamaru tilts his head, his dead-stare looking unique per usual, "What's wrong Y/n?"

Raichi scoffs, shoving some food in his mouth, "Yeah you look upset. It's annoying to look at"

"Oh.. it's nothing...", your voice wavers, staring off into the hallway that Chigiri disappeared.

Bachira can't help but notice the direction your head faces, a smile creeping up on his face. Your eyes... they weren't sharp, or scary... they were soft... There was a glint in them that he'd never seen before.

Bachira nudged your shoulder playfully, "Have you told him?"

Your eyes dart back to Bachira, losing the small light they had, "N—No... I haven't..."

Sensing that the others listening in, Bachira grabs your hand, dragging you out of the dining hall. Before you can protest, he brings you to an empty monitor room, where the players can watch their past matches as a reference for what team they want to join.

Bachira smiles and sits on the floor, "So what's up? Why haven't you told him?"

"I.... because...", you stutter your words out.

You could easily lie and say you don't know. Knowing Bachira though, he won't let you leave with that simple of an answer. He waits patiently, giving you that same peaceful smile as he waits for your answer.

"I... I just get really nervous around him now... now that I realize how I feel..", you close your eyes, your words shaky, "How long... have I felt like this?"

Bachira giggles, slapping you playfully on the back, "That doesn't matter! You know you like him right now, so just tell him. If you're worried about him not liking you back, trust me, he does-"

"It's not that. I know he likes me back... But if we become official...", you curl yourself up into a little ball, "It's a scary thing to me... Relationships..."

A vision of your mother and father pops into your brain, and how he left her with you for years, before she dropped you off with him. How your stepmother didn't care for you, and even now that you're older and you know she doesn't hate you, you can't help but think that she does. Then Rin and Sae... they...

"Hey... you're crying..."

Sure enough, there was a single tear rolling down your face. You quickly cover your eye, rubbing it to stop the crying. This was bad, you hated crying in front of other people.

"Sorry... moment of weakness...", you mutter under your breath, shielding your eyes from Bachira.

Bachira only smiles at you, placing his hand on top of your head, "It's alright... sometimes, people need to cry..."

You scoff, rubbing your eyes some more, "Yeah.. but I'm fine... I was just thinking too much, that's all..."

Bachira sighs, "I get it... So then, I take it my question was too personal?"

You shake your head, your eyes red from holding back tears, "No... It's like I said... Relationships scare me... They've never worked out for me..."

From your mother, to your father, and then your brothers, one-by-one, they all fell apart. Just thinking about it made you sink into a further despair. And then there was Chigiri... You liked him, there was no doubt about it.

"But what if... what if one day, my relationship with Chigiri falls apart... again...", you mumble out, hiding your face behind your hands.

Bachira frowns at this, running a hand through his hair, "It won't... I don't think it will at least. Are you that doubtful of him?"

You shake your head frantically, your eyes wide in fear, "No! No I'm not.... it's not him I just—"