"My face?" Zuko's hand made its way up his scar, frowning just slightly. "I see."

"No, no, that's... that's not what I mean" Katara began to approach the banished Prince with caution until the taller boy perked up once he noticed a small curled-up person in the corner.

"Shoko?"

Shoko slowly pulled his head out to meet his gaze. "Shoko? What are you doing here?" He questioned, running over to his friend. 

"Azula saw me and the Dai Li caught me" Shoko explained. Zuko's eyes widened at the mention, "Shit. Are you okay? Mentally, I mean."

Shoko appreciated Zuko's soft and endearing tone. It made him feel slightly better about the little predicament they were in.

"I... I don't know... it feels like I'm reliving the last time I visited Ba Sing Se. I need to get out of here. I don't care what I need to do, I just want to get out of here!"

"Shoko, calm do-"

"How can I remain calm, Zuko?!" Shoko screamed. "How can I while these horrible memories taunt me!? Tell me how you could live with yourself after ki-" 

Without giving him a chance to speak any further, Zuko wrapped his arms around Shoko's waist, pulling him in for a warm and innocent kiss. Causing fireworks to explode in Zuko's stomach. He was confused as to why he did what he did. But at the same time, he felt good.

After a while, Shoko gave in and kissed him. They pulled back and stared into each other's amber eyes. 

Katara decided it was best to stay silent. She knew Shoko never had a thing for girls, but she never expected him to date the enemy. Well, now they're both enemies.

"Feeling calm now?" Zuko asked in a hushed tone.

"Yeah," Shoko replied, his cheeks red like a tomato. "You're crazy."

"Why?"

"Azula has us locked in here," Shoko wanted to mention Mai, Ty Lee, and Rin, but he didn't want Zuko to know he knew them. "And you're here kissing me."

They flinched and let go of each other when Katara coughed, interrupting their little moment. "I thought you were just helping him."

Shoko frowned, clearing his throat as well. "It's um... complicated."

Katata clicked her tongue as she turned to look the other way. 

"Does Azula know your history with the Dai Li?" Zuko questioned, facing Shoko.

"She didn't. But I bet she does now that she's checked my file."

Right as Katara was about to step into their conversation, the door to the underground prison flung open. Iroh and Aang both entered, "Aang!" Katara shouted as she threw herself onto the shorter boy. Iroh made his way over to Zuko and Shoko, embracing them in a warm hug. "Aang, I knew you would come."

"Uncle, I don't understand. What are you doing with the Avatar?" Zuko asked, pointing at Aang.

"Saving you and Shoko, that's what" Iroh responded, matter of factly. He stopped Zuko from reaching any closer to Aang. "Zuko, it's time we talk" He declared, turning to Aang and Katara, "Go help your other friends. We'll catch up with you."

They immediately ran off, Katara gave Zuko a singular glance before running after Aang. "Why Uncle?" Zuko raised a brow. 

"You're not the man you used to be. You are stronger and wiser and freer than you have ever been. And now you have come to the crossroads of your destiny. It's time for you to choose. It's time for you to choose the good."