Chapter 55 A Series of Events Part 1

AN: Sorry for not updating in a while, I've been caught up in personal stuff and this escaped my mind. Without further ado, here's the overdue update - Chapter 55 A Series of Events Pt 1

****

A groan escaped my lips as I shifted in my bed, I couldn't help but force my eyes open out of habit as I faced the wall. My vision was blurry and my eyes voluntarily closed, which was almost a first. At least, it's a first in a long time.

Why am I so tired? I pondered as I pointed my toes to stretch my legs, not entirely wanting to get up, which again, is an odd thought. I didn't want to leave the warmth I had created in the thin blanket draped over my body, it had never been a problem before.

"I wonder why..." I murmured, thinking I was alone as I almost always am. It was a habit, especially since I often spoke aloud to myself when I was alone.

I took a deep calming breath as I thought about the dreamless sleep that had just occurred, it almost seemed unnatural. Dreamless sleep and not wanting to get out of bed? Was I living in a world where Al was still with me?

"You wonder, what?" I froze as someone else shifted in the bed beside me, his front pressed against my back as his arms snaked around my waist. His voice was hoarse and deep, so different from Al's morning voice. It was so different yet it seemed as if I was used to it.

It didn't quiver under his touch, itching to get away from him. His warm breath on my neck didn't seem unusual, yet the action he had just taken caused any sleepiness to escape me.

"Nothing..." I murmured, "Just talking to myself."

"Mhm..." He hummed, the sound soothing to my ears. "Why?"

I felt like shrugging, yet I was too scared to move. Scared of what? Who knows. "I'm used to being alone," I answer somewhat honestly. "Still tired, Levi?" I inquire as the half-asleep boy behind me relaxed his grip slightly, almost as if he was drifting off to sleep again.

His response was muffled as he buried his head deeper into the crook of my neck, the action made a smile arise to my lips. 

I allowed myself to relax for just a minute longer as I recalled what had occurred last night.

 Levi's head dipped, and I knew I hit a spot. With a throbbing heart, a butterfly-filled stomach and a flushed face I tilted my forehead until it touched his. I held Levi's hand, rubbing my thumb up and down the back of his hand gently in a soothing manner, an action I had seen Mother do to Father often.

With my eyes closed his hand shifted from my cheek to the back of my neck, I don't know how long we stood there for, finding comfort in each other's presence.

My gaze lowered slightly as I thought about it, even now, my heart seemed to flutter at that scene. Even silently I wondered why it did so, yet again, I scolded myself. I was letting him get close, so close. Maybe too close.

My mind had told me to leave, but I wanted to stay... I thought almost limply, numbly. What the fuck was I thinking? Helping him? The boy just as broken as I am?

I bit down hard on my lip as my gaze hardened, god, what was I thinking?

How the fuck can I help him? When I'm fucking worse than he- than anyone could be? 

Shit, shit, shit.

I cursed silently as I squeezed my eyes shut.

Late-night decisions made by myself while under the influence of... him. Shouldn't be taken seriously, not at all.