Chapter 16 Historia?

"It looks like a mess, but we can make it work for one night's rest." Gelgar sighed.

There wasn't much left of the castle except a tower and rubble. Remains of walls littered the place. Plants had taken over most of the area. Vines had scaled the sides of the tower. 

I bet in the spring this place would look beautiful. 

"Yeah, thanks to the moonlight," Nanaba adds dismounting.

I nod my head in agreement before dismounting and patting Rose while smiling softly at her. "Good job, Rose." 

"Alright!" Nanaba orders, "Get your horses in the stable before heading to the tower!" She instructs.

"Yes." We chorused and move into action. 

The stable wasn't really, a stable. More of a roofed area with a trough filled with water. 

We tied our horses but left their tack on them. Although I did loosen the girth on the saddle so it was more comfortable for Rose. 

"Cya later, girl." I smile while I walk into the tower with Krista and Ymir on my tail.

"Looks like someone was here recently," Henning observed. We were seated around a small fire. Krista, Ymir and I found some blankets to sit on.

"That's odd for a place this near the wall." Lynne agreed. "Some bandits probably used it as a base."  

"It said 'ruins of Utgard castle' on one of the signs. Who would have thought there was a castle around here?" Nanaba added.

A door squeaks open we turn our heads in its direction.

"Hey, check it out." Gelgar held a bottle in his hand. "Look what I found."

"Gelgar... Is that booze I see." Lynne didn't sound impressed.

"Yeah." He wasn't fazed. "What the heck does it say?" He asks peering at the label. 

"You're not gonna drink that now, are you?" Lynne asked unsurely. 

"Don't be stupid." Gelgar looked startled like he had gotten caught doing something he shouldn't have been doing. "Not at a time like this." He rolled his eyes and joined us.

"Convenient... All this contraband to enjoy for ourselves." Henning looked at Nanaba. 

"Now you're making us sound like bandits."  Nanaba smiled. 

"You rookies should try and get some rest," Gelgar told us. 

Reiner, Connie, Bertolt, Krista, Ymir and I were the only people he could be talking to, as the other 3 had been in the scouts years before us. 

"Titans won't be roaming around at this hour." He continued, "But the rest of us will take turns keeping watch. We'll leave here four hours before daybreak."

"Um..." Krista pipes up. "What if the wall isn't actually broken after all?" She asked weakly. "The titans... Where could they be invading from?"  

"Finding the answers to that..." Gelgar answered turning around to walk up the stairs. "Is our job for tomorrow."

"But what if-?" Krista wasn't giving up. "Maybe it's not nearly as bad as we thought from the start." She looked down at her knees. "I'm just saying, but..." 

"Yeah, There's barely any titans around here." Henning agreed. "If the wall was really broken, that is." 

"The only group we've really seen was during the initial sighting," Nanaba added.