Chapter 22 Reunion

[Naomi POV]

"Where are we leaving Balius?" I ask from behind Aiden.

It had taken us about a 15-minute trot on Balius to reach the nearest entrance to the underground. 

"The stable hand will take care of him," Aiden reassured me while we dismounted. "Afterall he is the one taking care of the guilds horse's."

He led Balius over to where the stable hand was waiting. Aiden gave him quick instructions before returning to me. 

"Ready?" I asked impatiently.

He nods, "Let's go."

[Mikasa POV]

We watched from an alleyway as they dismounted from Aiden's horse, he led him over to the stable hand waiting. They exchanged a few words before heading back over to Naomi.

Their expressions were blank and unforgiving, as they walked by a few people nodded at them, muttering something. No one dared to look Naomi in the eyes, they barely looked at her face. They were scared of her, Why? 

I looked at Armin, he was watching them carefully. Possibly putting the sense together, trying to piece the puzzle together, although that'd be hard if you did not have all the pieces. 

I turned my gaze back to them, they barely looked at the person waiting at the entrance before moving down one of the only stairwells leading to the underground.

"U.G, underground. You were right, Armin." I muse.

"Yeah." He nodded before walking out, and I followed.

He headed towards the stable. We walked in to be greeted by the stench of horses and manure, nothing we weren't used to by now. 

Our eyes travelled the space where we came across the stable hand Aiden had spoken with.

"Excuse me?" Armin asks kindly as we approached him.

"What?" He answers quite rudely. 

Armin shook it off before speaking, "Who owns that horse." He then pointed to the one the stable hand was grooming, the one Aiden rode.

"Aiden Blackthorn, a military police officer." He told us without hesitation. 

"Do any of these horses belong to the girl he was with?"

What is Armin getting at?

The stable hand looked at him, wonder dancing through his eyes. "That one, and that one." He pointed to a bay stallion, then to a chestnut mare. 

"Why do they stable them here?"

"What's with all the questions?" The stand hand asks roughly.

Armin backs up a tad.

"Sorry, we were just wondering about the girl's name." I step in, glaring down at the stable hand.

"Everyone knows it." He huffs, regret briefly showing in his gaze. He knew he shouldn't have said that.

"Her name," I repeat.

He shakes his head, "Which one?" His voice was husky and low.

Armin and I looked at each other confused. "Which one?" We repeat.

"Her name is Naomi Blackthorn. Aiden is her older brother." He says with newfound confidence. "Her horse's name is Xanthus, the other is Rose, he belongs to her since the one she loved left. They gave it to her." He gazes at us before turning around, "If that is all."

We nodded and left.

"Two names?" I hiss to Armin. 

He nods, "The other must be those who are in their 'guild,'" He states, "Which one could they be in?" He mutters.