Chapter 52 Don't Expect Anything

Odd...

That was the only word that came to mind as I dreamt of nothing.

My head wasn't filled with pain-filled memories, it wasn't spilling out with buried emotion.

I dreamt of nothing.

Nothing.

What an odd experience...

-----------

I didn't want to open my eyes, I was at peace, if I opened my eyes I knew that I'd ruin it... At least I hoped I'd ruin it.

This feeling of security was odd, it wasn't normal and if I was honest, it freaked me out a little bit.

I allowed my eyes to flutter open, I wondered why I felt so warm, why I wasn't up and out of bed already.

Once I awoke, usually there would be no hesitation to get out of bed, start training, and walk around with a knife spinning in my hand. Calming me from what had just occurred, whatever that may be.

Instead of the sight of a wall and Hanji sleeping in the bed on the other side of the room. I wasn't even met with the sight of a cold stone wall and cold floors of the cell. No, I wasn't and it confused me.

Instead, when I lifted my gaze my eyes rested upon Levi, his eyes were closed and, fuck, did he look gorgeous.

I closed my eyes tightly, wondering why the fuck I was here, with him, in my bed, sleeping. 

What the fuck...? I ponder to myself as the sense of safety stayed, I wondered why I still didn't feel like getting up, I wondered why I still felt like going back to sleep.

Taking a deeper breath my mind wandered back to the night before,

 'I care about you. I care about Naomi Blackthorn, the girl I want to help... if you'd let me.' That is what he said, that is what he spoke, it made me weak at the thought.

It didn't get better, not at all. 'But... you can help with this.' What the fuck possessed me?

I was sleep deprived. I reason, That's why I said that, I wasn't in the right state of mind.. right? I mentally shook my head, I was sleep deprived. That is the only reason there could possibly be.

I shifted in his arms before I opened my eyes again, wondering if he was actually asleep. What a bad move that was.

His eyes were open and soft as he looked at me, the corners of his lips twitched as his eyes softened when we made eye contact.

"Awake... are we?" He asked in his hoarse morning voice, deep and seductive.

I took another deep breath as our eyes locked, and the corners of my lips lifted at the sound of his voice. "Mhmm..." I hummed quietly trying to advert my eyes without much success. "Barely."

"How was your sleep?" He asked calmly, not looking away from me.

"Fine."

His arms tightened their grip on me as he pulled me in closer, our faces were inches apart. Our bodies pressed together and the heat that rose to my face was defiantly noticeable.

This was almost the worse this situation could get. God, there was almost nothing in the universe that could make this worse.

"L-Levi?" I stuttered as he stared into my eyes with such calmness. That, that right there made the situation worse. I stuttered. I stuttered his name. This was about the time when I would try to wriggle out of his arms and gap it.