32.

Why do we love crime shows?

Is it to know the mind of the perpetrator?

Are we curious about what the police do when a big case drops in their laps?

Or is it the way we wish to nitpick their professionalism?

It's anyone's guess.

Any crime drama lover would be in their utmost glee to witness the detaining of the Macallis family.

From the moment the Macallis company was at the end of the corporate sniper, the world has been watching their every move. The media houses had their eyes and ears on every point of media placed on the companies under the Macallis name. The younger generation was much more intrusive. The talented trolls and instigators found buried news about Sherida and her willful deeds.

These talented internet reporters created numerous short articles and compiled clips of their evidence. Out of these drama-filled bloggers - three were contacted by an employee of a reputable media house.

This confidential contact was duplicated at four news channels within Pasadena. Two were highly profiled on a national level and sported high viewership while the other two were local channels that are well-known to be viewed at bars, cafes, and middle/low-class households.

They were all fed the same 'tip'.   
{Joint forces of the Local Police and FBI were seen on-route to the Macallis Estate.}

There was no time or need to clarify this tip. The media already had proof. The Macallis were on their way to getting sued by hundreds of citizens, the city officials were deep into their investigations of all Real Estate owned and built by the family. The contractors and inspectors who gave the green light on these projects were heavily investigated. The result was as expected.

During that pitfall in Real Estate, another piece of news was aired - claims of fraud, embezzlement, financial blackmail, and acts of corporate espionage all under the Macallis Corporation and all subsidiary companies.

Those two headline news were enough to light a fire in the hearts of the respective News Directors.

News vans and personal cars sped up to reach the joint force convoy. They were lucky to meet the tail end and kept up with their speed. 

The Macallis Estate was outside the villa district on its acres of land. Many commented on this move by the family. It was a showcase of a superiority complex. With the geographical placement of the homes, the Macallis' extravagant estate looked more like the neighborhood's overlord and they were the lackeys at their beck and call.

Security was topnotch but who were they when the FBI and the police come barreling at their gates? It was a smooth entry. The media houses recorded every detail of the situation; the internet hosts were already live-streaming with their viewers going higher and higher each second.

The cops created a perimeter with their cars and the feds parked at vantage points for easy escape. 
The police chief was there personally to serve the warrant. When he left the confines of his squad car, he threw an annoyed glance at the reporters and shook his head. 
"Don't move past this barricade. If you do, you will have a private suite for 24 hours at my place," the chief said. Those words were nonchalantly thrown over his shoulder but the people there knew the man was serious. 

This was the scene before the butler was informed of their arrival and his hurried entrance to the family dining room.

The detaining of the Macallis family and the personal secretary took four minutes.

The Investigative joint team of feds and cops took fifteen minutes to gather every information medium in the house.