27.

Seref Floran. A twenty-six-year-old Swedish native sat beside his colleague in a lavish underground office awaiting their next orders from their young boss. Opposite them, seated behind the glass minimalist desk and dressed in black streetwear, their boss, better known as the second young master throughout the organization was reading a prepared proposal before finalizing it as an official document.

"How are the results of their aptitude test?"

Eros Delacourde's accented voice cut through the silence, startling his assistants. 
"All three are above the ninety percentile. Patriarch Lucifer's candidate has been vetted by the Monetti and Vitalli families." Seref answered clearly and precisely, gaining his boss's approval with his swift response.

"Very well. The selection must be made by Mr. Alsworth in the presence of yourself, the assigned lawyer for this deal, and his own lawyer. In twenty-four hours you will personally visit him and explain things verbally. His state of mind isn't stable at the moment hence the given time frame. You will return three days later with this official proposal, reiterate to him that this depends on the future of his family and their wealth. He will be given three choices. We are to support whatever decision he makes, after all, it's his reputation, not ours. Keep a watch on the wife. Her pampered life is threatened. It won't be long till the other families visit them because of her son's influence over them. Are we clear on these instructions?"

"Yes, sir." The simultaneous responses were filled with confidence to do their best in the next two weeks.

"Onto the next subject. Contact Druex in New Mexico, and have him do the finishing blow, he has a four-day time frame. I expect Madam Han to be in this state in less than three days. There is a major possibility of the media catching up to what is about to happen, your job is to keep her name out of their bullshit. Can this be done?"

"Yes, Sir!"

Eros nodded his head in approval. Checking his phone, he received the notification he has been waiting for. 
"Have the jet on a two-hour standby. Mister Floran, I leave you in charge of his well-being for the next two weeks. In my absence, he's to be happy and unbothered. Any sign of distress from him, your living quality will be greatly affected." The tone Eros spoke in made the receiver concede and fear the consequences. The secretary along with every member of their faction knew how cherished young master Jaejin was. The young man was their boss's new path he was treading carefully on and it was their duty to make sure it all goes smoothly.

"You have my word, second prince. I have made contact with his assistant and modifications for the penthouse are on the way. The head of security has been ordered to select a permanent team for him and the main house has sent the personalized training regiment approved by the previous matriarch." Seref answered with great assurance which slightly relaxed Eros's tense shoulders. 

Jaejin tried to hide his state of discomfort when they parted ways still burned in his mind. He didn't want to leave him but it was best to get rid of the bothersome things in order to be by his side.

"Thank you for your hard work. I will take my leave now."

Seref and his colleague, Elan got to their feet and followed Eros at a respectable distance as they left the office. 
Hands tucked in the pockets of his hoodie, with two black steel batons strapped on his thighs, Eros carried the image of a hoodlum than a young CEO with thousands of employees under his command. He walked towards the elevator where two arm guards stood, waiting on his arrival. Upon seeing him, the doors were opened and he was escorted into the metal box with a cold expression on their face. Everyone knew what was about to happen.

Seraf and Elan waited until the elevator signaled its arrival on the floor below before releasing a breath of relief. 
"The young master's killing intent is getting rather potent these days. It's been a while since outside interferences annoyed the family," Elan commented. He did not pity the present prisoner awaiting his judgment.