21.

The previous meeting with the patriarchs of the wealthy families was not rare for the Delacourde family. This meeting takes place at random times and in different sectors. The contributing factor of this event is due to a direct family member being present in that sector. 

This was established by Renith Delacourde after his stronghold in the US was made unshakable. 

Humans are greedy beings. History has taught us that and in parallel to that fact, it has taught us how they were dealt with. Renith Delacourde was a small entity in the ocean before he grew to be known as the king of that ocean. Many foolishly coveted the lucrative results he brought forth and dared to provoke him. Most of them came from the upper echelons of the east coast which stemmed from old money. Delacourde showed them clearly that he wasn't one to be trifled with. On top of bankrupting a few prominent families, he permanently removed the ones who went too far with their threats. To those who submitted to his rule, they were given the opportunity to evolve their family's stagnant wealth, hence the beginning of the 'checkups.'

"That wasn't so bad." 

Eros gave Jian a quick glance and continued on his way to the elevator. He wanted to slap that stupid smirk off his friend's face.

 It wasn't shown on his face but Eros was mentally tired. Conversing, being alert while putting that inkling of fear into another's mind, was tiring. He was the silent type, he preferred his actions to speak for him. Ninety-five percent of the time it was effective, only the stubborn ones forces him to reprimand them. 
"I want full reports on the heirs who were absent and their parents."

Jian frowned. His friend was known as a highly perceptive person who was dangerous to his enemies. Being perceptive was good but tying that trait with meticulous, cautious, and influential, creates a dangerous opponent.
"What do you think?" he asked while sending out the orders.

"The power in their families is weakened. The last two generations have grown comfortable and arrogant with the wealth accumulated over the years. I believe the past patriarchs tried their best to keep them in line but how can one stop other egos from growing? When riches are flowing in easily, the receiver wants more, their eyes become greedier, they want things that aren't theirs, quick money-making schemes are appealing, and they want the world. If they are offered it on a platter who the fuck cares about an agreement their pops made with a dead man. It won't be long before they bite the hand that feeds them."

"So there's a possibility one of them is seeking outside profit?" Jian shuddered at his friend's words. They were the same age but his understanding of human logic was based on his experiences since he joined the seal. On Eros's part, his niche for observation pushes his understanding further.

"Two or three and they are amicable towards each other."

The duo made it to the top floor with Eros leading them back to his main office. "Four hours were given," Jian reported from their intelligence team.

"Acceptable. What about the other job I have in motion?"

Chuckling at the report he previously received, he sent the transcript to his friend and left the office. Eros frowned at his action and opened the file on his device. When he read it all, a slow smile formed on his face. 

"Aren't we proactive, Miss Macallis?"

~~~~~

As other powers within California, New Mexico and South Korea moved according to the minor manipulations of one person, another was moving as expected in the palm of his hands. Anyone can do what they want when sufficient information is gained. 
In a newly established eight-floor building under the name of Macallis Corporation, a new modeling agency was buzzing. It was their first job with an international agency and brand. Makeup artists, stylists, photographers, editors, prop makers, security - everyone made it their duty to be on top of their game. Not only did the manager of the agency warn them but the chairman of the corporation did the same. This warning circulated throughout the building, and accompanying the warning was the details of this contract. Models who were newly signed and gained recognition on the west coast spoke in whispers, voicing their displeasure and envy.