6.

"Shall we open a new bet?"

Dominique rolled her eyes at her cousin's statement and edged closer to her partner. He, in return, reached for her hand that was on her lap and moved it to his. 

"Look at you being a prude," Damion Jr. teased. Unsurprisingly, the oldest Valdez pulled out a small leather notebook from his back pocket, along with a pen, and began to write the contents of the bet.

"I'm not a prude. However, I think a wedding ceremony is sacred,, and placing bets during that time is rude," she hissed. 

"What you said is something a prude will say," Samuel said with a mocking grin. Andres tried his best to hold back his laugh but was caught by his fiance. Her face had a slight blush on her cheeks, ultimately, ultimately adorable for him. It was rare to see his tough-as-nails woman be vulnerable in public. 

"Sorry, baby."

"By the way, why didn't you join the girls in the wedding party? Big sis Amara did ask you to be her maiden," Samuel asked, taking the notebook from his brother. 
Once again, Dominique rolled her eyes at the two. They were great cartel leaders, but their vices tend to take over their public lives. Those who know their names in the entertainment world dub them the Midas Twins. Cringe as hell,, but the term describes them both. The two have a penchant for bailing out bankrupt casinos and bars and placing them under their ownership. Each business has been raking in money for the young bosses and gained attention,both good and bad.

"I was honored to be asked, but the only aisle I wish to walk down is my own on my wedding day," Dominique said this with her head held high, shoulders back with pure love on her face. It was Andres' turn to blush by her declaration. But, her words gave him a harder push to make that day a reality.

"Aye Aye, we hear you love crazed maiden. Now, who are you going to place your bet on? The French Princess or the Crazy Italian? Who will confess first?"

Andres silently watched from his woman's side, the same as the Valdez brothers waiting for their cousin's response. No matter how prude and queen-like she acts, she too had a vice of gambling on interesting developments under the seal. The three held back their laughter when she reached for the book. Shoulders drooped in defeat as she placed her name under Rejeanne's moniker.

"The Dark Princess."

********

"Those brats."

"What is it?" Sonrie had her head on her husband's shoulder, enjoying the wedding procession. It was all fairy-like and straightforward, the colors gave you a sense of peace and beauty, the decor was well thought out, and its what you will expect from a fantasy wedding of royals.

"Your sons are playing around again," Damion Sr grumbled.

"Leave them be. They're with their cousins. Let them play."

"I think we both see them at different ages when we say they're playing. But, hey, don't you want them to settle down?" he continued to grumble.

"Are you saying you're ready to sit in a leather armchair, head full of grey hair and telling your grandkids old takeover stories?" 

That statement stopped her husband's grumbling,, and the change of subject was done quickly. "I can wait."

Sonrie kissed his cheek and silently gushed at how handsome he was, no matter the age. She, along with the ladies under each household, were lucky to capture the hearts of such gorgeous men. Now their kids were experiencing that luck in love. 'Ah, it will be fun to see everything unfold for the others,' she said. As she thought those words, her gaze turned to Eros,, standing regally at the altar. For some reason, his journey may be more emotional than most.