24.

"Haaa!"

It didn't take long for the tears he held up valiantly to fall, seconds after Neil left. A self-deprecating laugh escaped his lips as he ran his shaky hand through his hair. The tears flowed harder when he recalled his father's words. Old insecurities he swore he chased away came back. It wasn't very smart of him to think that he was healed after being shown love by an incredible person like Eros. Jaejin knew now he had to work harder on himself. How can he allow simple words bred in disgust and arrogance to affect him like this in the future?

This is what Eros was worried about. He voiced these worries to Jaejin but he set them aside and said he was fine with everything.

Jaejin's sobs became louder when everything became clearer to him. It ached him from the inside and was heard through his muffled sobs. Was it this much he hid from everyone? The pain of being used and neglected by his father, the highest want of having an actual family life, the tying down of his true self, the verbal abuse and mockery from his family home, and the helplessness he felt when he took note of the situation of he and his mother. All of this was bottled up. 

                'How did I create such a worthless and disgusting being? A fucking disgrace to my family line!'

Those words cut the last string he had towards his father and like a dam, all his bottled feelings were released. He was no longer Min Hanjool's first son. Jaejin was now himself, the filial son of Han Eun-Kyung.

Standing at the door was Isla. When she returned from sending Neil off, she found her young master in this state. She didn't disturb him, she quietly watched on, allowing him to grab a hold of himself. From their talks and gaining friendship with Adam, she learned more about Jaejin.  Sometimes it's the ones closest to you, who know you better than yourself. Adam made her promise to keep a close eye on Jaejin's emotional well-being. He sensed how deeply his best friend was hurt and chose to silently stay by his side. This is what Adam asked her to watch for. The young man knew that one-day Jaejin will break down after being pushed too far. Today was that day. Whatever the short call to his father did and Neil's actions pushed him over the edge.

When his cries subsided, Isla slowly made her way over to him. Not caring for proprietary, she knelt by his side and dried his tears with the paper napkin from the table. Another sad laugh was heard from him. "I... I didn't expect this to happen," he said in a hoarse whisper.

"It's best that it happened today. How do you feel now?" Isla asked.

His eyes were red and the tear tracks were prominent on his face. The tears made his black eyes shine as they pooled; a single droplet hovered on his long lashes and dropped heavily on his hand. He was trying so hard not to sob louder than expected that his lips trembled in protest. He took a deep breath to compose himself. 
"Relieved?" It sounded like he was questioning his present state than answering her.

"That's good. Don't doubt it."

"I wasn't silly to think that he would have a change of heart, right?"

Isla smiled and pressed the napkin against the corner of his eyes when the well of tears broke. His innocent questioning eyes nearly broke her but she kept calm. 
"No. It wasn't silly to think so. It's the greatest test to remove such relations from your life. You did well, young master."

"I should give my mother a heads up. He will take his anger ...."

"The second young master has a team watching over the madam. Everything will be alright. Let's clean you up. You don't want him to worry about you right?" she interjected.