8.

Malibu, California

Waking up to the sun on his face seems to be a regular recurrence for the past year. This visit will be his last after being a jet-setting rich kid. After his sister's candid photo of him at their older brother's wedding was posted on her social page, more candid shots popped up on the net. Eros didn't realize how many fans Rejeanne had and how they were able to recognize the right twin. Visiting relatives and spending time at destinations he found interesting placed him in the public eye. The change in locations made the editors of gossip rags earn big money. As usual, he didn't care much for them. Malibu was purposefully made as his last stop. 
The owner of the arm around his waist was the reason. Wild brown hair covered his sleeping face and that smile he always had during their dreams. The tour took a toll on his body and mind; returning to California was his decision, but Eros came unannounced to surprise him. It's been a while since they spent some private time together. 
Pulling himself up, he sat against the headboard and surveyed the master bedroom. It needed to be furnished, but he knew Shaun would be too bothered to browse furniture stores. 
The beach house they were in was the MMA fighter's gift to himself after so many years. This place will be his new official start, his sanctuary, and Eros felt honored to be his first guest. 
"Why are you up so early?" Shaun's muffled question was heard, and his groggy voice made him smile a bit.

"Sleeping over eight hours was never an accomplishment for me. You're allowed to do so, though."

"Not when you're around. I feel like a lazy bum when you're up and about while I'm turning in bed." 

The arm around his waist disappeared for a moment before Shaun shuffled onto him, both arms were now wrapped around his waist and his head on his stomach. A kiss was placed on his bare skin, reveling in the warmth that wrapped around his body. 
"You need more rest than me." Eros ran his fingers through Shaun's messy brown hair when he answered. 

"You spoil me. Keep doing that, and I will fall for you," he teased. The normal response didn't come, which made Shaun curious. They had been in constant contact for the past year, talking like there was no end, even sharing encounters, but what comforted him was being Eros's 'teacher.' It was the closest to a relationship, and there was no higher emotion than like. They were friends with needs. 

"What's wrong with falling for me?"

"Are we starting this so early? Let me get some coffee first."

Eros took hold of his hair and tugged his head backward gently. "While I was out there understanding it all, you've reinforced those walls. Was there something you forgot to mention?"

"Curse your sharp mind! There's nothing, Rose. Let go; we need breakfast," Shaun said with a low laugh. To him, it was natural, but not to the man holding onto him. He left the bed, leaving his bed partner uncovered, giving a beautiful view of his corded body. He stretched his aching muscles, remembering their night as he strolled into the kitchen. Their friendship crossed into an experiment when Eros wanted to feel the joys of physical intimacy. He dated back then but didn't go further than a hug with them. They were two single guys with the same sexual preference but held no emotional attachment, and it was perfect. It spiraled into them depending on each other for physical comfort. When he began his tour and word of Eros taking a year off, he used that as a motivation to get back in the dating scene. He didn't expect to come in contact with that prick in New Orleans during one of his dates.
Shaun thought he was entirely over Derek but seeing the guy once again, broke the lock he had on his painful memories. He needed that help from Eros, but he was in Italy at the time. 

"The eggs are burning."

"What? Oh!" The burnt smell registered to him when he refocused. How long was he out to burn the eggs? When did he even choose them as a breakfast staple?