30.

Las Vegas

The meeting didn't last long and Eros's temper wasn't received by the four. The dubbed captains of the Vegas faction calmly told their boss what happened. It was widely known in their circles that human trafficking and illegal prostitution were two forbidden acts in the Delacourde's territory. The official authorities were not lenient on this also. Since the escapade of Dominion a few years back, everyone has been vigilant and established strict measures. 

For Macallis to dive into this forbidden endeavor so boldly meant they planned ahead and used a ruse that many will look over.

Mail Order Brides.

Creating a physical agency for foreign brides covered the fact that the women were kidnapped victims and had been trafficked into the country to avoid legal records. The marriage visas are falsified and consent from the victim's families was forged. 

Macallis established a simple casino and wedding chapel which are in abundance in Las Vegas. His men were street rats that can be hired by any gang. To move up the ladder in a gang differs but these men chose gangs that are stable and in need of simple runners for their business. It would be easy to get information and also establish themselves through legal businesses. They had two pairs of eyes on the ground.

Eros couldn't voice his anger on his captains because this type of execution wasn't on their minds. Mail Order Brides were a thing of the dark history of many countries. If one didn't research such things, one wouldn't know of the injustice. What made things easier for Macallis and Hanjool is the legality of it. Back in 2005, the International Marriage Broker Act was enacted.

A perfect cover.

"We've been too quiet over the years," Eros said aloud. 

Jian frowned at his friend's words and helped him remove his jacket then moved to serve him a quick drink.

"We aren't completely quiet. In my opinion, we haven't thought of such an unorthodox way nor expected such a move.  Even though the seal has a strong foothold in a number of countries, we are not omnipotent."

Eros sighed in agreement with Jian's words. The five families were considered overlords in their respective countries. The branch and alliance families are considered their vassals. Even with so much manpower, there will always be someone or something squeezing through their defenses.

"Send the information to the directors. The feds and immigration should handle this. Please remind them to be thorough."

"Yes, young master. Shall I order a meal for you?" Jian at that moment was Eros's assistant and not his best friend.

"Please. Also, keep an eye on Macallis's stocks. I want it all."

Jian gave a silent nod and left the room. He knew the information from the captains dealt a huge blow to his friend's pride. The west was his territory and someone stepped in and made an attack on his prestige. Those two will no longer be in the business world. 

Who would have thought a little girl's obsession will be the cause of their downfall?

                                                                                ~~~~~~

Night has fallen and Eros hasn't left his hotel room the entire evening. He ate his dinner alone and took care of whatever work he had. He took that time to stabilize his mentality. If he was rash, bloodbaths would have been the new decor for the Macallis and Min families but he wasn't.