13.

That's good news. Midday, I'll be free.

Jaejin read the reply from Eros over and over last night and now as he sat in the hospital bed awaiting his arrival. He knew his benefactor wasn't a typical businessman when he officially met the man. His visit created a scene he only saw on tv or read about. Adam's reaction to him was one of a fan meeting his idol for the first time. Though he incited awe, respect, and fear in those around him, he created curiosity in Jaejin. Saving someone on the street wasn't common these days. If they were saved, the benefactor usually stays until they receive medical attention, leaving them to handle the drawbacks. Yet, he was served quality-made meals, given a private room, and dedicated medical care. Eros solved not only his rent but his college issues efficiently.
On top of that, his offer to give him his freedom. So why was he going this far?

"What does he want?" Jin asked himself.

He had nothing to his name beside the commission money from his private business. So if a large sum of money appears in his account, it will be his mother's monthly allowance from his father. 

"I'm no one."

Uttering those words placed him in a depressing mood. Though he may seem confident on the outside, his self-esteem was shaky. While striking a deal with Eros, he silently doubted himself and his turn of luck. 

"That's an interesting look."

That voice.

Startled by his silent entry, Jaejin turned to the door and met the curious gaze of the young businessman.
"Mr. Delacourde."

"Hmmm. You're being formal. Does this mean you're having second thoughts about something?" Eros stepped further into the room. Since it was his lunch hour, he ditched his suit jacket and unbuttoned his vest. His messy look was equally attractive to his well-kept image. 

"H-how did you know?"

"I have a knack for observing the people around me. So, before we leave, do you have any questions for me?" 

That ghost of a smile shouldn't be so sweet, Jaejin thought to himself. He turned his head from the man beside him and attempted to leave the bed alone. "Is that wise?" Eros asked softly. He paused in his movements, and his shoulders slumped in dejection. Eros could hear the tired and frustrated sigh, which alerted him. 
"Did you see through my false bravado the first day we met?"

"Yes."

The blunt response made him flinch. But, Eros Delacourde didn't hold back in his answers after Jaejin made the following statement. - "Yet you offer to help me."

"I offered because I saw someone who wanted help but was tired of asking. If my analysis is correct, your father broke you from a young, pushing his ideals and personality onto you. He wants to create a duplicate of himself in you and also swallow up opportunities that will make him grow. I can also see you're not cut out for the world he stumbled into and decided to stay in. Turning to death was becoming a simple idea for you."

Jaejin twisted his body harshly to face Eros, causing pain to himself in the process. Hands reached out to help him but stopped when he saw the look on his face. 
"Who are you?"

"Would you believe me if I tell you, my scared little puppy?"

 The good guy shell fell, replacing that was the true Eros Delacourde that should be feared. But why? Why was he okay with seeing this side of the man? Why did he pout when he was called HIS scared little puppy? The hell!

"I think I will," Jaejin answered truthfully. His eyes were stuck on Eros when he began to stroll around the room, unbothered yet mindful of him. 

"Why don't we move this conversation elsewhere." He snapped his fingers, and two nurses in black scrubs and a man in an all-black suit entered. "Give him a travel check-up and gather his things."
"Yes, sir."
They carried out his orders swiftly. The man in the suit rolled a wheelchair to Jaejin's side, who frowned at the thought of using it until recovery. Eros stood near the window and watched over their every move. Jin stole glances at him while answering the nurse's questions. She asked if he needed help with his hair, but he refused. Her question only highlighted how unkempt he looked to them and their boss.