10.

New Mexico

In a state where tourism is at an all-time high, and notable oil and gas industries are common, having a financial company in the center is a good move any businessman can make. Min Hanjool established his foothold in the United States three years after being named the new patriarch of the Min Family in South Korea. It was a fight to be seen by his tyrannical father, and it cost him a lot to wear many caps to have it known that he was to be feared. Chairman Min expects the same attitude and perspective of his next heir, Jaejin. He bore one legitimate child within his arranged marriage and had three 'spares,' as he calls them, through two mistresses. Placing the traditions he grew with into his tiny kingdom, he preferred to have his child within wedlock to take over the business. It was a legacy he was building on top of what his father started in Korea. 

Why stay in the East and rule over the weakening masses of third-generation families? Finally, his decision to make a foothold in the US began to bear fruit, and his son was one of the branches he had to give to get to his goal. 

Sadly, that son inherited his mother's weak mindset, and it angered him every day. The early training and extensive homeschooling didn't spark any ambition in the kid. Instead, the chairman blamed his soft ways all on his mother's coddling. Hopefully, letting him live a spartan lifestyle through his college years will let him see how good it is to be greedy in life. 

"Chairman Min!"

The person on the other side of the door didn't wait for his permission to enter. Sitting behind the wide glass desk of his office, overlooking the city, his expression was stern from his guest's vantage point.
"Apologies, sir, I thought that the information I just received may be of high importance to you," the man explained apologetically. 

"Give your report and leave."

"Chairman. The first young master is currently hospitalized." Han Ryan, the head of security for the HW Financial Group, has been with the family since its inception. He witnessed takeovers, protected his boss from rival attacks, escorted him to his rendevous, and oversaw his wedding. Ryan was very much part of the family. He was undoubtedly ingrained in the Min family, with him witnessing everything behind the scenes. There were bright days but the dark and cold days; he had moments when he silently questioned his boss, especially when he first held the first young master. The chairman glanced at the newborn and told his wife, good job before leaving to meet one of his mistresses. 
Ryan didn't know why he expected the chairman to show emotion upon hearing his firstborn being injured. 

"What is it?"
The rigid yet distracted inquiry was a normal tone the older man gave when it came to Jaejin. 
Is he giving up on the young master? Ryan asked himself.

"This came from our monthly update. Two nights ago, the young master was assaulted on his way home...."

"Is he in critical condition?"

"Uh... he was stabbed in the stomach by one of his attackers but the nurse assured us that he was stable," Ryan replied hastily. The chairman's head was still lowered as he pored over the documents in front of him. 

"What do you mean by 'the nurse assured us'?" His boss looked at him this time, but the displeasure of the news he brought stained the man's face. 

"His benefactor and the local authorities are regulating his visitors and the information of his status."

"Are the men you hired so immensely incompetent? They are my proxies. Who are they to keep things from his father?" Chairman Min hated to be undermined in any situation and not being able to acquire a simple medical report of his son was enough to piss him off.

"The young master has a detailed medical power of attorney. Madam is the executor, and she's the only one to be told his condition and the one to make all the decisions. I contacted the madam to gain more clarity, but she refused to help."