25.

"Rose?"

It came as a whiplash to Jaejin. One moment this man was teasing him as he fastened his cufflinks, then the next, a deadly silence descended in the enclosed area they were at present. 

"Fucking ungrateful little cockroaches." The low and frightful curse stopped Jaejin from inquiring about his partner's now immovable and cold state. Their afterglow from their lunch date disappeared due to a simple message.
"Sorry. An unexpected business trip has been scheduled," Eros commented after that curse.

"That's alright." Jaejin finished his little chore with a warm smile on his face. Eros on the other hand took to watching each nimble movement he made. His lips arched subtly into a fleeting smile when Jaejin re-checked his appearance and took a backward step to surveil his work.

"How do I look?"

Eros's question made Jaejin's cheek burn. They will never leave that room if the man in question heard his thoughts. "You look quite exceptional, Rose."

"Thank you."

"You look bothered. I'm not upset by your business trip. It is expected," Jaejin commented. The cute tilt of his head made his statement even more heartwarming.

"I know this. This time the upset is on my side."

Jaejin frowned at these words.

"This trip has many outcomes and may take no more than two weeks. This time frame begins tomorrow....."

"Oh." The quiet reply of clarity came from Jin's lips which were followed by a deeper frown.

"My displeasure isn't the result of that event but of something else."

"What is that something else?" Jin retrieved the suit jacket he chose for Eros after their tryst in the shower and helped him to complete his outfit. 
Rose stood still and allowed Jin to fix his jacket and his accessories as they continued their conversation. He had a large amount of pride surging through him while he eyed his partner. The blue long-sleeved dress shirt on Jin's slender frame was his; seeing his boyfriend wearing his clothes awakened his possessiveness. 

"Us."

"Us?" This time Jaejin stopped and came to stand before Eros. "Is there something wrong with us? I'm not mistaken but we are awfully compatible. We can be classed as one of those nauseatingly sweet couples you see in the movies."

"Nauseatingly sweet. Hmmm. I guess that term sums up most of my deductions."

Hearing Eros's formal mutterings, Jaejin was silently gushing about how adorable his Rose was at the moment. "What are your deductions?" After spending time with this second young master, Jin knew how straightforward and logical this man was. From an outsider's perspective, Rose was cold, emotionless, and unapproachable but within his circle, he was a quiet soul that one will have to be cautious around. In Jin's eyes, Eros was the sweetest guy he ever met and the only one whom his body and heart needed. 

Delaying his answer, Eros leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on those puffy pink lips he has been tasting over the past two hours. Wanting more, he deepened that kiss and pulled Jaejin closer to his body. The combined warmth of their bodies upped the dizzying feeling in their heads as the kiss prolonged. "Emotionally. Physically. Mentally. We are undoubtedly compatible on those three planes but one is missing."

"Oh? What is the fourth?" Jin asked in a whisper against Rose's lips. His eyes were heavy with want when he moved them from those lips to the wild amber eyes that were holding him captive.

            "Socially."

"Socially?"

              "Yes. Socially. Since our verbal commitment, we have yet to solidify that."