5.

(Unedited)

 It's Lucifer's big day, and the guy was a nervous wreck. Although he was perfectly fine in the days leading up to it, he went over every detail with Amara with a love-sick smile on his face and didn't leave her side for more than an hour. Eros found his older brother patiently waiting on him upon his arrival at the training gym earlier. "You're the only one who will fight me unbiasedly. I request a fifteen-minute spar," Lucifer asked of him.
"Why?"

"I'm fucking nervous and anxious. I need to get this shit out of my system."

"I can do that."

Their spar went past the time limit, and it was Roman found them thirty minutes later going past the rules their parents established. The laws were put in place for a reason and the outcome of unsupervised training when they were younger. When news circulated of the brothers' little spar, it caused an uproar they didn't expect. Hence their situation at present their mother was giving her oldest an earful while watching over the make-up artiste's work. Though they had on protective gear, Eros still landed a few injuries to Lucifer. Painkillers were administered to him but his arm was slightly dislocated, his left knee and ankle were severely swollen, bruised ribs, a few cuts above his brow and neck, and two fingers were cracked. 

"How could you do this on your wedding day? Of all the soldiers under your name, your brothers who can fight equally with you, you chose the 'fucking war god incarnate'. Did you lose judgment because of the name your father gave him? I swear that man established a lifelong joke when he named all three of you. Plus, you two broke the rules. You should've known better, Lucifer; you're officially the head once you complete your vows. Ah, geez. I'm too old for this."

All seven young men kept silent, six with their heads lowered, and the one who was the star of the day had his eyes lowered. "Speak," Arianna demanded.

Eros stepped forward and bowed lowly at the waist. "I accepted his request knowing what day it is. I apologize for upsetting you and Amara. Forgive me."

She knew her kids' tactics like a well-read manual. "You're deflecting the blame from him. Go back," she commented. He didn't raise his head at his mother's dismissal, the anger and disappointment that he heard in her voice, he didn't want to see it in her eyes.

"Mama, I'm fine. Nothing major is damaged. We both went overboard. Rose was simply helping me," Lucifer said softly.

"There were other ways to help with your nervousness, sweetheart. I need to change a few things around since you can't be on your feet for long and put into consideration how long the pain killers will last," she said in an equally soft tone. 

"Thank you."

Without a word, she left when the woman tending to the cover-up placed her last touch on Lucifer's face. "This will last for the entirety of the day. Before bed makes sure to wash your face thoroughly then apply ointment to your bruises. Enjoy your day, young master Lucifer."

Hearing the click of the closed door, the tension in the room was released. From Arianna and Amara's discovery of Lucifer's state to the anger that was near choking them to death, it was a relief to have some peace to themselves. Standing before his brother, he paid attention to his slow movements then relaxed statements. Guilt slowly passed through his body. It was his hands who caused his mother and sister's anger to spike. They wanted a perfect day now they have an injured groom and possibly a shorter event. He was feeling guiltier because his injuries were minor, a bruised arm and busted lip was his outcome. Eros frowned recalling his brother's reason for his request.

"Why were you nervous? You're about to marry the woman you've loved since you met her. Though you two have bonded from an early stage, this wedding ceremony is a procedure to confirm a state-recognized protocol for societal and business ventures."