23.

(Unedited)

"Sssss! You're broke!"

Oblivious to the words he blurted out, Blu kept his gaze on Neil's phone from over his shoulder. He was curious as to why the guy suddenly became silent, he didn't expect it to be that. He frowned and thought hard as to what he can buy with twenty-five hundred dollars. It was a tough process since all he knew was to swipe his card and get what he wanted from the store. Checking prices was a foreign concept to him.

"Ah! A watch! You can buy a presentable watch for $2500." 

Again this guy spoke without thinking, oblivious to the maddening thoughts inside his friend's mind. Neil slowly turned to Blu who had a triumphant smile after remembering the price of a watch he saw in a store. 

"Are you serious right now?" 
Gone was his subservient attitude to the young heir, he had this pressing matter to deal with.

"Oh! Sorry. I'm just as shocked as you. I think you should call your folks to handle this then the bank or your father's secretary. That bill must be paid. I don't think a tabloid article will be good for your father's name at the moment," Blu commented. He cleared his throat and adopted a serious and contemplative expression. 
Nodding in agreement, Neil ran his fingers through his dark brown hair in frustration and quickly pulled up his mother's contact. He called her twice. The first, his call was cut off and the second was forwarded to her voicemail after five rings. This angered him greatly. He needed help yet his mother was blatantly ignoring his call. He rang her number once more, ready to state his dissatisfaction with her.

"What is it, Neil? I'm in the middle of something at the moment." 

"What the hell took you so long to answer? Why didn't you answer my calls before? I need you to transfer ....." He didn't waste time on pleasantries when she answered his call. He was in a situation that he needed to clear right away.

"I have no time... " "Excuse me, ma'am, it will be of much importance if you handle this matter. You're disturbing the flow of business." Someone on his mother's side cut off the harried statement she was about to make. 
"You can wait. I am talking to my son. Am I not allowed to do so?" It seems like she too has her own problems.

"Mother! Enough! Ignore those low-class sluts. Wire me some money, now." The demand was clear and left no room for queries. 

"You're in need of money? Your father gave you enough for an entire month in Pasadena. I have no time for your spoiled brat act. Do what you're asked to do; for once, try to please your father. If you did so while growing up then he didn't have to make that sissy his sole heir."

Neil was livid. This wasn't the first time he received those words from her. It was a known fact that he was a by-blow who secondhandly reaped the benefits of the legitimate son. Being reminded of that fact by his mother while on the verge of being the next tabloid topic, his temper skyrocketed.

"Why are you blaming me when you failed to tie him down and gained that bitch's position?" He ended the call abruptly with the urge to throw his phone at the opposite wall. Blu silently watched from the corner and quickly deduced that mommy dearest was in a pinch also. Did things go further south for Min Hanjool? he quietly questioned. Blu answered himself, 'It's none of my business.'

"That woman is insufferable!"

"No luck, huh? I guess Secretary Cho may be the answer to all of this," Blu said lowly. He ignored the anger on Neil's face and gave the most logical opinion.