17.

Pasadena

It was a great night. The new day brings excitement for a repeat of such things.

The sun pushed him awake, along with the continuous sound from the device near his head. Turning to the side, Eros stretched forth his hand to select the awaiting message from the security system. The video clip showed one of his men leaving a sealed package by the door after a low apology.

"It must be New Mexico. Temperamental people are the worse to predict," he muttered to himself. Sliding out of bed, he stretched lazily and then turned back to the bed. They spent their first night together, binge-watching Netflix and making out like teenagers. Jaejin was dead to the world at the moment. Eros chuckled at the sight of his partner -  a messy ponytail was on his head as he lay on his stomach, cute snores could be heard, and he was now shifting to occupy the width of the bed due to Eros's absence. 
"Cute." Placing a kiss on Jaejin's temple, he moved away from the bed, making plans to tackle whatever fire he needed to handle before he woke. Setting up his laptop and equipment, he connected to his server and contacted Dreux. Rushing to the door, he quickly retrieved the package and returned to his setup. He glanced towards the bed to check on Jaejin; "Let's fix things quickly."

"Hey. Sorry for the contact. Since things are currently sensitive, I want to get a heading on what I should do." Dreux leaned back in the chair while waiting for his friend to review the report. When he heard what that asshole ordered and what he wanted to happen, he was ready to destroy everything Min Hanjool created in the US and then send him back to Korea for more.

"Aren't we optimistic?" His sarcastic comment was due to the report and the audio clip from the Hanjool's private apartment. "Okay, shut down the accounts of his two mistresses and leave a few hints for the unofficial second wife. Do we have eyes on his second child, Neil?"

"I did. We found him at a strip club on our first night here. He's comfortable using the money and name he won't inherit for pleasure. His arrogance knows no bounds." Dreux answered with a disgusted expression. In his opinion, the chairman was arrogant with his newfound power behind the scenes. It wasn't long since he received favorable circumstances in Korea when he changed his family's business routes. Trying to take over territories and build new ones was risky, even on the legal side. Min Hanjool was drunk on his riches and wasn't mindful of his steps. Bringing in an entitled girl for a business deal placed him on Delacourde's path. 

"The mother is the same. Were you able to enter all residences?" Eros needed things to run smoothly and away from Jaejin's mother. If she gets caught in her husband's reaction to his meddling, he's uncertain what may happen. 

"Yes. The security was lax at Miss Eun's villa while she was out. The only semblance of professionalism was at the main house. We were able get a sense of their routine."

A sigh escaped him. Eros was itching to get rid of the old man, but he had to think things through. The man wasn't a significant threat like others, but he was annoying. "Al..."

"Hold that thought. Miss Eun has a visitor, but it seems like she's preparing to leave." On Druex's side, a sheet of paper was handed to him. Eros waited patiently and watched his friend's background with indifference. The house he purchased for the team on sight was on the outskirts of the town. A room was transformed into a 'game room' to do surveillance. To outsiders, the house will be a vacation home for college friends, placing them off the radar. "Oh, Hanjool was able to get a dinner appointment with Bisane. This ought to be interesting. The secretary is Miss Eun's visitor. You want a patch into the feed?"

"I'll pass. It will be of bad taste at this moment," Eros returned with an embarrassed look. Dreux narrowed his eyes at his friend then smirked. 

"I see you, Suzie homemaker. I will keep you updated via messenger."