14.

"I'm the prize."

"He said I'm the prize."

"How can I be the prize?"

Was Eros Delacourde genuinely interested in him?

A giddy feeling rushed through his body, making him shudder. Then, the ticklish feeling settled in his stomach. It wasn't iffy to make him frown, but a cheesy smile was created by it. What was this feeling? The thought of a man like Eros being interested in him made him heady. His first suitor.

"Wait. Was I 'hit on' as they say? If it was, this is my first time..."

Jaejin's mumblings halted when a blinding fact came to mind. His sexuality was still foreign to not only his mind but his body. His cheeks flushed when the ghost-like touch of Eros's lips on his neck recreated itself at that moment. The young CEO was bold enough to do something like that, but it calmed him down. Three days ago, when he returned home, the intentions of a certain someone were made clear. Not only were secrets and fears heard, but that one statement overshadowed everything. 

Jaejin dazedly stared at the far wall with an internal war rampaging through his mind. The nurse who clocked in today was doing light cleaning around her patient but stealthily keeping an eye on him. She had to hide her smile. Some of Jaejin's mumblings were heard because he has been in this position the past few days. It wasn't hard to figure out who placed him in that situation. Their young master put his claim on the young man. In the background, things were moving according to plan, while in the forefront, to get a connection started, things were being taken step by step.

Checking the time, the nurse wrapped up her cleaning and approached the future partner of her temporary boss.
"Young master Jaejin, lunch will be arriving soon. Do you require help with anything?" she asked with a warm smile. The now slightly bruised man flinched upon realization of her presence. Dressed in an oversized t-shirt and loose shorts, Jaejin looked like a high schooler in his father's old college clothes. His inky black hair was freshly washed and now unbound, thrown messily to one side of his head. His large spectacles gave him a much cuter image; he was adorable in many factors.

"Oh, miss Shannon, I'm sorry I was a bit out of it. Ummm, I will eat here. I have some assignments to do and also work schedules to adjust. Can you help me up? I want to move my limbs a bit," he said. Those dark eyes were pure, and the smile was full of innocence and sincerity. Shannon thought of her employers. Will this young master fit in if he does accept the second prince?

"That's no problem. How about a short walk onto the balcony then back?"

"Perfect."

He watched on with a ghost-like smile on his face when she moved the makeshift work desk to the side and helped him with his slides. The tummy pillow was removed, and effortlessly she pulled him up to his feet. The arm crutch was given to him as an aid as he stretched his injured leg and did the little exercises nurse Isla taught him. He was careful not to move recklessly; opening up his stitches was a big no. 

Shannon walked in pace with him as they moved to the balcony. An outdoor lounger was placed there along with a small table with two chairs a day after he arrived home. The changes were small but impactful to Jaejin. He appreciated Eros's foresight in having him in comfort as he recovered.
"Can you tell me about your boss?" Jaejin asked softly before they stepped onto the bamboo mat on the balcony.

"Objectively as an employee or as an onlooker?" Shannon returned.

"Both. I've never met anyone like him."

The nurse laughed heartily. That comment can be attached to any Delacourde family members, even the other major FIVE.

"My immediate boss is his sister-in-law, Dr. Amara Jackson-Delacourde. The young master requested her help to care for you. Nurse Isla and I were chosen from the family's private hospital to be of service. Eros Delacourde is affectionately known as the second prince. Born the first out of the twins, everyone watched him grow as quiet, observant, logical, and quite bright. Those were the comments I gathered when I began to work for the empire four years ago. I think he's the same as they describe but a bit more carefree. He used to question everything to understand how one thinks or feels without logic. Isla has been under the empire's employ longer than me. So she can tell you more about him. Young master Eros cares and loves his family deeply. He cherishes those who work for him and fiercely protects everyone. 
     He's the eyes and ears of the empire. He resolves issues we will take at face value."