28.

New Mexico

Druex stood silently before Eun-Kyung and patiently waited as she regained her composure. He mused the fact that his friend's mother-in-law reminded him of a treasured porcelain doll. Even though she was crying and letting go of all the frustration and hatred she had bottled up over the years, she looked beautiful doing so.
'Oh, that was wrong, wasn't it? Hmm....' Druex chastised himself for thinking someone's display of woes was beautiful but he couldn't help himself. 

He turned his attention to the man beside her who hovered and kept a close eye on her. The man kept up his etiquette for being around outsiders but Druex saw through the act. The man was head over heels for Eun-Kyung. His eyes track every move she makes and was precisely aware of her pressing needs. Madame on the hand will make sure to be in his sight and keep him in the conversation. The two reminded him of the former heads of the family. Their love was physical yet intangible to the eye of observers. That train of thought led him to ponder the new young master's true 50% contributor. 
Young master Jaejin was a male version of the jade beauty Han Eun-Kyung but his disposition was of this bodyguard, Ji-hun. The even-tempered and observant partner of his friend can never be an offspring of that human shit, Min Hanjool.

'Well, he could be. One's upbringing can form one's personality but the guard can be a major factor in more ways than one,' Druex thought to himself. He physically shrugged, forgetting about those musings and moving on to another. He was the type of person not to let his thoughts linger on one topic too long. Both silly and important things are always flying around his head leaving his thought process chaotic. 

"Please excuse my display. It has been an empty wish of mine to gain what your boss delivered to me. I will do whatever he requests of me. Will I be joining little Jin in Pasadena?" she asked. The hope and excitement in her eyes were blinding.

"Yes. The second young master felt it's right to do so since he's unavailable and the state of things at the moment," Druex replied. 

Ji-hun frowned. He was listening carefully to the young man's words since he arrived undetected in the villa. To infiltrate this place took a lot of work, much more so since it was daytime. Watchdogs in the name of security multiplied from the day Eun-Kyung began to 'rebel'.

"State of things?" Ji-hun questioned.

Druex was caught off guard by the man; he was a silent guard majority of the time. "Yes, sir," he answered immediately then frowned at his prompt response. 'The fuck was that worded pressure,' he inwardly cursed.

Eun-Kyung looked toward Ji-hun, she took note of the sign of his displeasure, his lips were slightly pursed and his eyes were extremely vigilant. He sensed something wrong. This intuition led him to protect her with the utmost vigilance. It was his suggestion that led her to stir discord with Hanjool's woman so she can be banished from the main house. Ji-hin later told her of that woman's schemes against her and Jaejin. 

"Can you tell us what has been happening in Pasadena? We have the knowledge of that article and the sub-articles that began slandering Jin but there's more. Am I right?" she asked.

Druex didn't know if to reveal what the young master experienced at his apartment so he made a quick call to Jian.

"What is it?" On the other end of the line, Jian's annoyed voice sounded loud in his ear.

"I guess I will keep this short. Madame wants to know about the disposal," Druex stated quickly. When Jian was pissed it meant someone overstepped their boundaries and was awfully disrespectful to Eros.

" You might as well do so. I'm trying to keep Eros in check. He wants to burn everything the Macallis owns to the ground. The feds caught wind of the Macallis trafficking ring in Vegas. We're being asked to deal with it delicately, so that means we may be in Vegas a bit longer," Jian replied. A tired sigh escaped him when he saw four men approaching him on his side in Las Vegas. He knew who they were and from the anger on their faces, he knew it will be another long day.