58| Inner child.

Lissy Romano

As they drove me home and parked the car, I slowly walked inside of the house with Davide by my side and I looked around as I stepped into the big mansion again. I haven't been in here for a week.

I missed my home. My home. I felt like this was my home. The good smell and comforting colors. The lights and furniture, everything felt like home.

I looked around and warmth rushed through my body. The cozy feeling and love that I could feel everywhere in this house was something special.

"Come here, baby, Vincenzo wanted to talk to you in the living room." Davide said as he helped me walk

"Is he mad?" I asked as I backed away

"No, sweetheart, of course not. He just wanted to see you." he said as he looked at me with smile on his face

"You promise?" I asked as I looked at him with disbelief

He just nodded his head when Santino and Dante came into the house.

"Why are we standing here, let's go, Jax wants to celebrate too." Santino said and his eyes widened and he placed his hand over his mouth and Dante was quick to slap the back of his head with his hand

Celebrate? Celebrate what exactly?

I looked at them and Davide just took my arm and helped me to get to the living room. I stepped into the living room and I saw decorations, balloons and big decoration on the wall with 'Welcome back home, little sister!' written on it.

My eyes softened and my heart melted. Vincenzo, Domenico, Giovanni and twins stood there while looking at me. They were smiling, except Matteo. For some reason they wanted me to feel welcomed in this house again. But they didn't have to try so hard, I already feel like this is my home.

Deep inside I remember Miguel's house, big, dark, expensive. But I never felt like it was my home. Because to feel like home, you need to be safe and loved there. It have to be a place where you can be yourself and relax. And not the place where you cry all the time and feel like you should keep your guard up in case someone wants to hurt you that day again.

In here I feel everything I've never felt anywhere else. And this place has a soft spot in my heart. It will forever be my childhood home. I know that I spent my childhood in Miguel's house, but I can truly feel like a kid that can enjoy and laugh at jokes and do things I love here. I can heal at least a little bit of my inner child every time I feel my brothers love and support, every time I can relax in this home, every time I can walk around without being interrupted and hurt.

"Lissy, we are happy that you are back home!" Vincenzo said as he came up to me and wrapped his arms around me

Even though he is always working really hard to make sure that we have everything, he found time for me. For this...

I wrapped my arms around his waist as I pressed my head on his chest. I signed loudly as tears escaped my eyes.

He loves me...

"Baby, are you crying?" he asked as he probably heard my quiet sobs

"Just hormones." Matteo blurted out