12| Lion's den.

Lissy Romano

He lifted his hand up and my heart stopped. Next thing that will happen to me will be a hit, punch...then it all will start from the scratch...

My reaction to this was to flinch...flinch and to put my hands in front of my face. So the pain wouldn't be so bad...better to get hit when I at least protect myself for a little bit...when he kicks you, it's a lot worse...you can't protect head and stomach or back at the same time...and it's more painful...

But there wasn't any pain...he didn't hit me...why? I slowly moved my hands away from my face and I looked up.

Dante...he seemed so shocked, he stepped away and looked at me weirdly. He didn't take his eyes off of me. He furrowed his eyebrows and wiped away sweats from his face. Shit...that's why he lifted his hand up...I'm so stupid...

I looked at Vincenzo and he was staring at me, he closed his laptop and he looked really concerned...he just tried to read my mind...but how could he do that? I don't even understand myself...

"You thought that I would hit you?" Dante asked as he stared into my eyes

And what now? I have to lie...lie my way out of this...Lissy, rule about lying is not really happy right now. I don't know if I will ever be able to communicate with my brothers without lying to them. And that is what terrifies the shit out of me.

"You want to explain yourself?" Vincenzo asked with his strict and deep voice

"I was just...I thought that..." I couldn't think of good enough reason to flinch from my own brother...I was just into lion's den...

"You just yelled so aggressively and then you lifted your hand...I know that you hate me...it wouldn't be a surprise even if you hit me..." I said...better to say what I think than to lie and get caught...

"I don't hate you. I would never lay a hand on you." Dante said as he seemed hurt...the pain in his dark eyes was so intense

Don't hate me? Okay...Sure...Sure...if you treat someone that badly then I think that you really hate them...there's no other reason to be such a jerk to another person...

I thought about saying that, but I wasn't so sure about him not hitting me...I want to live...his body was so big...one of his arms was as big as both of my legs together ...so don't blame me for being a weak ass girl...coward...

"I'm sorry...I just thought..." I stuttered and couldn't keep myself together

"Don't say that you are sorry...you have nothing to apologize for, Lissy." Vincenzo said as he made eye contact with me

"Okay...I'm sor...-" I stopped myself from apologizing, AGAIN

"I will go." Dante said as he just stormed out of the kitchen...he didn't even take his boxing gloves with him...

"I will go upstairs to my room, if I can..." I said as I looked at Vincenzo for his approval

"Yes, of course you can go to your room." he said to me while opening his laptop again

I took Dante's boxing gloves with me as I walked out of the kitchen...I wanted to give them back to him...I felt bad for being scared of him...if what he said was truth...I hurt him...I didn't want to do it...It wasn't my intention.