8| A piece of cake.

Lissy Romano

Gladly Domenico believed me when I told him that he just misunderstood me. He did look at me weirdly afterwards, but I think that I convinced him...

I ate cake and ice cream...that was my first time eating ice cream...but not cake...no it wasn't my first time eating cake.

Miguel celebrated his birthday with his friends and there was this cake. I looked and looked at it...everyone else was eating it and telling how delicious it was...then one of Miguel's friends saw how I was looking at the cake with my naive eyes.

I knew that I can't eat that cake, Miguel said that to me more than once...but when one of his friends asked if I wanted a piece...I couldn't refuse, even if that meant that I will have to pay for it afterwards.

His friend gave me a piece of cake and I ate it so quickly...I was scared that he would take it away from me...When party ended...he yelled at me for eating that piece. He made me run and do intensive exercise so I would pay for the cake slice I had...then he starved me the next three days...he only gave me water.

After that I knew that the piece of cake was not worth it. Nothing was worth that kind of torture. Nothing ever made me distract myself from rules...rules that Miguel made.

"You good?" Domenico asked as he looked at me concerned

Fuck...I was in my memories...I was daydreaming in front of Domenico...he will understand that something is wrong...but not yet...it won't happen now.

"What?" I asked as I looked at him

"You seemed off? Everything's alright?" Domenico asked as he stared into my soul

"Yes. Yes, I'm good. Just tired..." I said and faked a yawn

"Then let's get you to bed then." he said as he stood up and took my arm to help me get up from my chair

The pain was intense. The place where he took my arm was the most painful one...it was dull pain...but when he grabbed it...it became into intense pain. The pain you can scream from for a long period of time.

I badly winced in pain...

"What happened?" Domenico asked as he seemed worried

"My headache...that's why I had that painkiller..." I lied as I grabbed my head

"I will take you to bed and then I will give you painkillers." he said as he picked me up from floor like I didn't weigh anything

"I can walk by my sel-" I said and he interrupted

"Shush. Don't hesitate, Lissy." he said as he walked with me in his arms through the big mansion

He turned into such a sweetheart...He is actually kind and nice...

Domenico placed me into my bed and he put a blanket over my body, he took my shoes off.

"Lay here...don't move. I will bring painkillers." he said as he walked out of my room

I don't say I enjoyed, seeing him so worried, but it was worth it. He cared...I saw that HE CARED...