Zhao stepped into view with a stern expression, "I'm taking your crew."

'Damn, straight to the point.' Shoko clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"What?!" Zuko got up from where he was seated and stormed over to them angrily. Zhao took a step closer, "I've recruited them for a little expedition to the North Pole."

Zuko faced Iroh, "Uncle, is that true?"

"I'm afraid so. He's taking everyone," He slightly cried into his sleeve, "Even the cook."

Shoko placed his hand on his shoulder and whispered, "It's okay."

"Sorry, you won't be there to watch me capture the Avatar. But I can't have you getting in my way again." Zhao smirked. 

Zuko groaned, pushing himself toward Zhao. Iroh walked closer to stop him, "No!"

Zhao turned his body and walked to a wall that hung Zuko's dual swords and sheath. Shoko gulped and looked at Zuko worriedly.

Zhao reached closer and picked one up to examine it, "I didn't know you were skilled with broadswords, Prince Zuko."

"I'm not. They're antiques, just decorative" Zuko quickly responded. "Yeah, the only thing Prince Zuko is skilled at is throwing tantrums" Shoko nodded, earning a low scowl and glare from Zuko. 

"Have you heard of the Blue Spirit, General Iroh?" Zhao asked, choosing to ignore the last pieces of words that came out of Shoko's mouth. "Just rumors. I don't think he is real" Iroh answered. 

Zhao walked over to them with the sword still in his hand. "He's real, alright. Isn't he, Shoko?" He looked over at him with his eyebrows furrowed. Shoko rolled his eyes and looked away. "He's a criminal. An enemy to the Fire Nation."

Zhao pointed the sword down before handing it to Iroh. "But I have a feeling justice will catch up with him soon" He then walked off, turning around when he was about to step outside of the room, "General Iroh, the offer to join my mission still stands if you change your mind." and with that, he shut the metal door shut behind him. 

The three looked at each other in silence. But Shoko quickly shook his head and reopened the door, "I'm going to say bye to Kuro."

He walked out and up the staircases to reach the deck. As he was looking around, he felt a hand land on his shoulder. He turned to face Kuro, who wore a weary smile. 

"Who am I going to talk with now?" Shoko jokes. 

"You know, after music night, I was going to ask you out on a date" He announced. Shoko's eyes widened slightly, nervousness could be read in his expression, "Really...?" Curse his shaky voice.

Kuro nodded, "I guess it's too late for that now."

Shoko playfully nudged him, "Stay safe out there, okay?"

"Always will. You too, safe travels."

It became quiet between them until Kuro sighed, "Crap."

"Wh-"

He was quickly cut off when Kuro leaned in to peck his lips. When Kuro pulled away, he smiled once again. "What are you doing to me, Shoko.." 

Shoko blinked, and when he realized what happened, Kuro was already waving goodbye and making his way over to the rest of the crew.

Shoko shook his head, smiling bitterly, "My love line doesn't exist, not anymore."

❥・❥

Shoko sat on Zuko's bed, looking over to the window.

"Why can't you trust me?"

He looked over to the Prince at the sudden question. He raised a brow and properly sat himself up. "It's not that I don't trust you... I just don't know how to explain it. I never thought I'd turn out to be this way when I was a kid."

Zuko only hummed in response.

Shoko's hand moved upwards to rest on his necklace. It didn't matter what Sokka told him anymore. He's becoming one of them. No, he's always been one of them, he just never wanted to accept reality.

When did he become so bloodthirsty? He lost his memories, yet the only thing he could remember was all the innocent women and men he killed. Has he already lost humanity? That might be why he kills without hesitation. 

Shoko's thoughts were interrupted when Iroh walked in, "The crew wanted me to wish you safe travels."

"Good riddance to those traitors" Zuko replied bitterly. 

"It's a lovely night for a walk. Why don't you join me? It would clear your head. For the both of you," Iroh offered with a weak and kind smile. 

Shoko remained silent along with Zuko. 

"Or just stay in your room and sit in the dark. Whatever makes you happy."

Shoko followed after Iroh and onto land. Once they were a bit farther into the woods, Shoko sighed silently and placed his hands on the handle of his dagger. "Iroh-" The elder faced him with concern, "Do... do you think I'm a bad person?"

Iroh frowned, "Why would you think that?"

"I don't know what the meaning of life is anymore." He looked over to a tree, "I always thought being an assassin was cool as a kid. And then I pretended to be someone I'm not. I'm not timid, I kill. And there's been so many people in my life who refer to me as a monster."

Iroh smiled at him warmly. "I don't think you're a bad person, Shoko. I just think you've gone through horrible things at such a young age" He placed his hand on his shoulder. "And you'll find the meaning of life. It all depends on what path you take."

He reached closer to hug him. "Thank you, Iroh."

Shoko took a seat somewhere against a tree, he could see the ship from where he sat. But before he could feel his muscles relax, a loud boom shook him onto his feet. He leaped up with wide eyes the moment he watched the ship explode. 

"NO! ZUKO!" He shouted and ran toward the ship.

This can't be happening!

Why was he feeling this way, after everything the Prince did to him, after he threatened his friend's safety...

A small tree root rested up ahead, he didn't notice where he had stepped and the next thing he knew, he fell to his face while someone grabbed his hands from behind. He started to struggle against their hold, and right when he was about to attack, the random person harshly hit the back of his head with something partially hard, knocking him out cold.

"No matter the past, present, or future, they will always call you a monster. And you can do nothing to fit in with people that despise you. All they see is a mad dog who can't control itself and destroys everything in its way."