Chapter 15- Bonding

Mulai dari awal

"And mysterious, filled with secrets. Isn't it just fascinating?" He peaked his head down, looking at the waves the ship was cutting through.

After breakfast I walked to the deck, hoping that Jungkook will be there somewhere

After breakfast I walked to the deck, hoping that Jungkook will be there somewhere. I needed to return his pendant. When I was walking by I was interrupted by a loud voice.

"Park Y/n!" I turned my heels as I heard the familiar voice of Taehyung. He skipped near me with a plastered grin on his face.

"So? How was it? Did you get to meet all the fancy people out there?" I chuckled as he asked, cocking one eyebrow at me.

"Believe me Taehyung, the last thing you want to be is to attend a party where you feel very intimidated" he looked at me with a surprised gaze.

"Intimidated? How so?" 

I briefly explained how there was a cold war going on between the captain's crew and the investors of the white star line. The things they talked about were a lot far from our concerns, to be honest. They meant political war while we fought for our daily lives. After I told him, Taehyung just shrugged.

"Eh, Typical wealthy people, they are just worried about their pride and reputation and that only, they don't give a shit when someone stands against them," he said thoughtfully, running his fingers through his silky smooth hair. He suddenly flickered at me.

"By the way, who's that guy you are hanging out with? He looked pretty familiar " I stuttered when he asked about Jungkook.

"Uh, he's one of the captains on this ship. His name is Jeon Jungkook" I said trying to control my stutter.

Why am I even stuttering?

"Oh, he's the captain! That's why he looked so familiar" Taehyung said, perceiving the fact. He shot a cocky smirk at me, making me feel even more nervous.

"You both seem to know each other well. I saw you two dancing at the folk party yesterday" My eyes widened as he said.

"You were at the party yesterday? I didn't see you?" My sentence almost came as a question. He let out a snortful laughter.

" Because you were too busy dancing with your boyfriend " My cheeks turned red like a tomato.

"He's not my-"

"Here comes your prince, I'll take my leave then. Beautiful pendant by the way" he quickly said before motioning his finger towards the figure who was walking towards some crew members on the deck. Jungkook was in his uniform. He looked tremendously alluring in the navy blue uniform and the matching cap.

Before even I could say anything Taehyung disappeared from my sight, giving me a wink.

"I swear to god!" But he was already gone, disappeared before I could give the brown-haired novel writer a piece of my mind.

I sighed and turned my head to where Jungkook was talking to some men. He was giving some kind of orders pointing his finger to the southeast and the west, probably about the pathway we are about to travel next. As he said the previous day we were going to arrive at our first destination.

While he was talking to the men and scrutinizing the directions he suddenly espied me who was glancing at him.

Our eyes met and gazed at each other for a moment. I saw his thin lips curving into a wide smile. I couldn't help back to blush and look down.

Why the hell is my heart fluttering so much?

After he said something the men were dismissed, returning to their work positions. With a smile plastered on his face, Jungkook stepped towards me.

"How are you feeling now?" His soft voice interrogated me. I looked up at him.

"I'm feeling better, what happened yesterday night?" He awkwardly laughed and rubbed behind his neck.

"Well, you kind of dozed off because of exhaustion. I carried you to your cabin" My eyebrows knitted with suspicion.

"How do you know my cabin?"

"Oh, the guy over there told me. He said he knows you" he pointed at a man far from us, who was munching on some bread. Taehyung! So that's why he assumed...

"I see" I cleared my throat to get rid of the awkward tension between us. "I have something to return" I tried to remove the pendant but he held my hand and stopped me. His gaze fell on me, I looked in his doe eyes which seemed to be talking to me.

"You can return it to me after you get down from this ship. This is a promise that I'll keep you safe until the journey ends." I breathed fast hearing his words, gulping as I tried to understand what he meant.

"This pendant is precious to me, and so is every passenger on this ship. I made an oath before I started to keep my hands on the stirring wheel" he said with a reassuring smile. What I read in my eyes was one thing. Determination and dedication.

I let him continue without bothering me.

"I promised that I'll protect all the passengers and reassure their safety until the very end of this journey " he took my hand which I was holding the pendant and enfolded them between his warm hands.

"You have to help me" I looked at him.

"How can I help you Jungkook?"

"Keep this till the very end. When you return this to me it'll prove that I was successful. It'll mean that I protected something precious to me"

That was the promise he made to me that day.

He promised to keep me safe until the end.

Until the very end.

Hey, guys hope you liked the chapter. It's kind of short though. I'll try to make a long chapter next time. Your most awaited moment is coming soon lol.

Stay safe ❤️