48

Do comment ♥️

Mayil

After our engagement, rumors flew around our village and throughout the streets about how a teacher fell in love with his student. But it hadn't exploded the ugly consequences that I had imagined. Perhaps, it's because of Vetri sir's good reputation!

The week post our engagement, the students in the school had an awkward time conversing with me...and whenever Sir's class would come by, everyone naturally glances my way. However, Vetri sir holds onto his professionalism and gazes at me only If necessary.

He treats me normally, as he regards any of his students, and I know, this had really made the other students wonder If we were certainly engaged to each other.

Even some of the teachers check in on me and talk to me more sweetly than they ever had before. The privilege startled me initially...

I thought I would bring shame to his name but I was utterly wrong...the people here have a great respect for him and they would never look at him in a bad light. This is the reward for his humble attitude of being kind to everyone without expecting anything in return.

Well, the only person who made a scene after heeding about our engagement was Hema. She yelled at me when we were in the restroom alone and cried profusely. I truly felt bad for her. She didn't even attend school for three days in a row and when I enquired with Harini about her sister, she described that she has caught a high fever due to sobbing continuously. Being unaware of her liking towards Vetri sir and the emotional breakdown she was undergoing because of the same, her parents mistook her state and took her to the temple and did special poojas to bring her back to her usual self. All these information were attested to me by the perplexed Harini who was also unaware of her sister's crush on Vetri sir.

Anyways, at present, Hema is doing fine. She doesn't attend tuition anymore and has become a bit quieter. And recently I have heard from Harini that her parents had picked out a rich groom for her from the city and she would be married off soon after she completes her twelfth grade. It doesn't faze me as it's common for girls here to marry, starting at the age of sixteen. I just hope she could find her happiness in him and forget about my Vetri sir...

Vetri sir was completely indifferent when I explained to him about what Hema was going through. He just responded with, 'she will be alright,' and went about his way. Only then did something clicked on my head! He was very used to these kind of things which has made him very immune and nonchalant towards it now!

Just how many girls would have swooned over his beauty and wanted to have him all to themselves?

I was jealous and felt very uncomfortable at the speculations. The meager idea of someone having those type of impressions towards my Vetri sir renders me dull and...possessive of him.

It has me wanting to marry him right away and tell the whole world that he belongs only to me!

Currently, it's the second week post our first major examination, which is actually our short vacation time before the school re-opens again. I have written the exams well, and I'm really satisfied. Not that I would score above 60 or something, but I would pass for sure!

Instead of spending this free time by playing around and wasting my time, I have decided to expend this precious period by learning. And needless to say, Vetri sir is doing an exceptional job in frying my brain with his continuous lecture on this problematic subject, Mathematics. What's even more of torture is that my future mother-in-law has asked us to carry on our private tuition session in the living room.

Even during the weekdays, she had made our one-hour class preceding the actual tuition time to be executed on the lounge. I know it's because she doubts our self-control and wants us under her scrutiny or maybe her husband advised the same before leaving for his military service again.