39

Vetri

Mayil has become way too indisciplined. For instance, continuously failing to show up to the tuition class and school at the right time, daydreaming while I was lecturing, constantly forgetting to do her homework...and the list goes on!

Due to those aforementioned reasons, I have decided to behave strictly with her. But it's hard to do so when she is the one who has my soul. Every time I hit her, it's as If I'm crushing my very own heart.

"Sir!" A little stunned, I tilt my head to the side and swallow in her presence. She is the first one to attain the tuition today and with her best self, must I add. Had she planned to torture me again with that sensual appearance of hers? I swear, I can barely handle the hormones that are itching me to pull her towards me and do things that would let both of us view stars!

"Get in," I manage to croak out while battling with myself. Then I bow my head and focus on the book that's clutched by my hands. I could feel her footsteps and her magnetic aura as she walks and ceases right to my side.

"I got mathematics test paper today Vetri sir! I have passed in it as well!" Her enthusiastic tone makes me again dive my head up from the book and tip it up to gaze at the beautiful eyes that trap me in, in no time.

"Good," I mutter, my eyes dying to trace down her pair of eyes and seize in her entirety. She smiles giddily and saunters to seat herself in the corner. The way her hair flows had me scrunch up my fist, so I wouldn't recklessly yank her by it.

Besides all that, I'm so proud of her for passing every examination. Honestly, I haven't imagined the opposite. By the efforts she has put in during her tests, it's obvious she would pass.

Now it's time for me to hand her the dress I've bought for her. I planned to lend her the same during the private class.

Moments later, students began occupying their places and the regular atmosphere of the tuition returned. Mayil was learning social science and at the end of the class, when I had questioned she opted to write the same instead of answering as what she had learned was two details.

Hence, as soon as every student leaves the tuition, Mayil begins to scribble down the answers. "You only have fifteen minutes to finish them," Mayil looks at me, befuddled, but when I shrug nonchalantly, she hurries her action.

Subsequently, as I get the social science textbook of Mayil, I notice another book left out by probably one of the students, laying to the side. Opening it, I see Hema's name inside. It's her English notebook. I decide to give it to her the next day at school and then I bring both the books and spot them on the desk.

Sharply, at 8.15, I ask her to bring the book for correction and she approaches me anxiously. Once she lays the book on the wooden desk, I compare the answer with the actual answer in the social science textbook. There are plenty of faults. She knows the content, but when she pens it down, the way she forms the sentence made it difficult to decipher the true meaning.

"Write these two answers five times each and bring them to me on tomorrow, okay?" I peer up at her suggestively and she nods her head, her eyes as dull as the lone sky.

"Wait here," I usher and descend the stairs to reach my room. Mom wasn't in the living room which made my task of carrying the clothe up to my room again easier.

Mayil stares at me with complete perplexion as I forward the dress to her. "What is this sir?" She inquires innocuously. "Open it and you will know," I smile, placing the pack in her hands and leaning against the desk while watching her confusedly undo the cover.

Once she did so, she becomes even more skeptical. "Why did you give this to me sir? Isn't this for your cousin sister?" I chuckle at her query before responding. "Well, I may or may not have deceived you back then," she blinks her eyes which eventually enlarge with happiness as she realizes the ordeal.

"You bought this for me!?" She almost jumps in joy. "Hmm, I know you will pass the exams, so I wanted to reward you" Mayil gazed down at the clothe and then up at me with glassy eyes, on the brim of breaking down...

"Don't you dare cry," I warn, not wishing to witness tears gliding down her cheeks. "You already knew that I would pass, you trusted me..." She says lowly the last phrases and steps forward.

In quick order, she places the clothe on the desk and wraps her hands around my torso, hugging me tightly as possible. Is this how a person in love would feel? As If their whole self has been transported to some imaginary world where everything seems surreal and so...soothing?

I don't know about others, but If you ask me, this is what I would confess about the feeling of being in love.

"I love you Vetri, sir..." My heart skips a beat as I recollect the silent words that have been blurted out by the girl that's embedded within my chest.

Banding my hands around her waist, I grab her hair and tug her head up, permitting our eyes to collide. "What did you say?" I could sense the thudding of her heart as it vibrates over my chest and entangles with the equally pacing one situated under the layer of my flesh, protected by the rib cage yet assaulted mercilessly by this girl who is standing right in front of me.

"I...love you," I rigidly grip her waist, moved by her confession. Her eyes remain watery as she awaits for my response. "I love you Mayil," I didn't delay a bit before admitting the blunt truth to her. I've never felt something so deep as this.

A satisfied tear slips out of her eyes as I lean down to touch her lips with mine. With our eyes shut...wandering in our own mystical world...we were inches away from connecting our souls in a manner that we hadn't before.

"Stop!!" The abrupt and exploding voice separates both of us. Startled, I look towards the entrance where Hema was prevailing. Her eyes shot in horror and are oozing with anger.

She gives me a furious look and turns her back and rushes down.

God!!

I hurriedly follow her behind and in the living room, she gets halted by my mom. "Did you not get the book..??" My mom asks her softly.

"It's...not in here.." she stutters and flees out of the room.

Panicking inside, I twirl and go back to the room where Mayil is standing in the same place, appalled. "Mayil, you should go to your home..." I mutter quickly, uneasiness evident on my face.

"Sir...she saw.." I nod, rubbing my temple in distress. "Yes, she did. I will handle this matter. You get back to your home..." Still seeming uncertain, she obliges to my words.

"Sir, I can't take this clothe with me to my home. I don't have anything convincing enough to say to them If they ask me about where I got this dress..." Sighing, I nod toward her understandingly.

"Let it be here. But it belongs to you," she bobs her head and looks into my eyes. "Sir," I stare at her, unsurely.

My mind is in chaos. If Hema said this out to someone, we are ruined...

"Don't be tensed. Whatever might happen, I'm only yours sir," And with that, she smiles sadly at me and exits the room, leaving me in a state of dilemma.

________________________