"Enough! You were so busy attacking Shoko that you didn't notice the blockade" Iroh scolded, pointing up ahead where multiple ships were docked. 

"A blockade" Zuko repeated to himself. 

Shoko walked forward to see more projectiles shooting at Appa, thankfully they managed to dodge each and every one. 

"Technically, you are still in Earth Kingdom waters. Turn back now and they cannot arrest you" Iroh advised, but Zuko's eyes were glued onto the flying bison, he noticed Appa speeding up, "They're not turning around" He stated. 

"We're gonna die here, stop being so stubborn!" Shoko shouted. 

"Please, Prince Zuko! If the Fire Nation captures you, there is nothing I can do! Do not follow the Avatar" Iroh begs his nephew with worry-filled eyes, "You along with Shoko will both be captured!"

Zuko angrily stared at the flying bison and then at the blockade. He clenched his fist in frustration and shut his eyes for a brief moment, "I'm sorry Uncle" He said in a sorrowful tone. He lifts his hand upwards, "Run the blockade!" He ordered and the ship began to go at an even faster speed. 

Shoko's heartbeat sped up as well, watching as Appa was skillfully maneuvered in every direction, dodging the projectiles. 

His eyes widened when a fireball hit the ship, damaging the engine and catching on fire. 

The three turned to look over at a man who came out of the engine room with a panicked expression, "Prince Zuko! The engines are damaged! We need to stop and make repairs!" He gestured behind to the black smoke coming out. Zuko stood silent but then turned around to look at Appa with narrowed eyes. "Do not stop this ship!" He shouted as the man returned to the room. 

"SOKKA!" Shoko screamed, causing the two royal men to face him with shocked expressions. Shoko ran over to the railing, preparing himself to jump, though Zuko quickly grasped the sides of his stomach and pulled him back down, "Don't be a fool! You'll die as well!"

Shoko didn't listen as he squirmed around his hold, forcing his tears back. Zuko growled and faced the sky, only to see App successfully catch Sokka on his saddle. He harshly grabbed Shoko's arm and forced him up, "He's fine, stop moving!" At that instant, Shoko shoved Zuko off with a huff, hugging himself as relief washed over him. 

He stared at the sky bison, trying to ignore Zuko's tantrum. His eyes widened when he saw Aang jump in front of the fluffy animal and kick a powerful blast of air in front of the fireball, breaking it into small pieces. 

"We're on a collision course!" Iroh shouted. They were heading straight in front of two ships. 

Shoko huffed, giving in when Zuko managed to pull him back, gripping harshly once more on his wrist. "Let me go! I'd rather die in the water than a collision!"

"If we go down then so do you!" Zuko barked back, turning around to face the blockade. "We'll make it," He said confidently, reassuring himself, "Full speed!"

Shoko closed his eyes tightly, waiting for the impact. But when he felt nothing, slowly, he reopened them to see the ships in front of them had stilled themselves. As Zuko successfully crossed through, Shoko noticed a very familiar person on one of the ships. Zhao looked over to Zuko with a blank face. 

Zuko frowned and finally let go of Shoko, throwing him to his butt. "Don't ever do that again. Disgusting."

Shoko rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, whispering to himself, "Have you looked in the mirror lately?"

"Here," Iroh gave him a hand, Shoko gladly accepted it and stood back up. "He didn't arrest me, Uncle," Zuko said, eyeing the ship behind him suspiciously, his hands clenched tightly. "He wants to follow you. He knows where you're going and who you're going after. The Avatar" Iroh explained as he smoothed his beard down. 

"If Zhao wants to follow a trail of smoke, then that's exactly what I'll let him do" Zuko walked past Shoko but grasped his hood and pulled him along, making Shoko groan in annoyance at the not-so-surprising act, "Hey! I can walk, you know!"

"You'll make a good bargain piece, so don't even think about running away or I'll let out your secret" Zuko warns, Shoko's eyes widened at the mention of doing such a thing. "They don't know. Do they? That they were harboring a dangerous firebender" Zuko said, yanking Shoko on the tiny boat and began to lower it. "How odd, you called them your family and seemed pretty desperate to keep them safe, yet they don't know who you truly-"

"Shut up."

Shoko interrupted, glaring into Zuko's eyes. 

"I'll do my best to not get in your way, just don't say anything. Please, don't" He took hold of Zuko's hand with a begging tone. The Prince stared at him, the plea... he didn't like it. Why did he feel pity? No, he felt like Azula. She would look down at her subordinates and make them feel shittier than they already did, even for the smallest mistakes. He pulled his hands away from Shoko's and growled under his breath.

Shoko watched him, feeling the boat land softly on the water. Zuko started the ship and headed in the direction of where the sky bison was going. 

He faced the water, it looked so tempting to just jump in and soak off all his problems. Forget Zuko, Aang, and the Fire Nation. But the thought of swimming in the cold, huge, scary ocean made him feel uncomfortable. 

'Damn it all.' 

"No matter the past, present, or future, they will always call you a monster. And you can do nothing to fit in with people that despise you. All they see is a mad dog who can't itself and destroys everything in its way."