60)

5 Years Later

Wren

Five years flew by like a breeze on a summer day. Each day was full of love and laughter. We never spent the night alone except by choice, we never parted without a fond goodbye, and we treasured every kiss, every touch, every word of love.

It was a warm summer day when Sal burst into my room, announcing that everyone was gathering in the gallery at June and Fletcher's requests. Worried, I instantly put down the sketches Cee-Cee had asked me to look at. We hurried downstairs, not quite knowing what was going on. When we arrived, Branson, Fletcher, June, and Eddie were huddled on one side of the room, speaking in low tones.

Robbie, Cedar and Sal soon arrived, and we settled in to be informed of what was going on. I stared as the other four stood before us in a line. It felt tense and odd, and I was seriously beginning to think something was wrong.

June was opposite to Robin, and began to speak.

"Robin, from the moment I saw you, I knew you were special. You are one of the people who completes me, the one who understands my needs and lets me have them without complaint. You are possessive and clingy, and you love with all your heart. I wanted you to know I love you."

June gestured to the next man in line, Fletcher.

My heart began to pound as an inkling of what was happening began to dawn on me.

"Sal, you are the most patient and compassionate person I know. You are always there to help, you always think of others first, and you never fail to make me feel loved. You are a rare and beautiful gem, and I'm so glad to call you mine...and I love you."

Eddie smiled at Cedar, tears rising to his piercing green eyes.

"Cedar, I love every inch of your soul. The beauty that you see in everything around you, the passion that you feel for your interests, and the fierceness that you exude for those you love is mesmerizing. You are a flame, a glowing warmth that is impossible to miss. You are talented and strong, your flaws make you human, and I admire your hard work to overcome them. Cedar...I love you with my mind and body and soul," Eddie said, emotion making his eyes sparkle with tears.

I couldn't breathe when Branson cleared his throat, looking into the depths of my heart. My hands were shaking and my mouth was dry. Tears were making a lump in my throat.

"Wren...I am not eloquent like the others, but I will try to express myself. Wren, you are everything to me. You are my universe. My heart. I don't want anything to come between us. I want to love you until the end of my days. And even when death comes, I want our love to span across time and space, keeping us connected just as we are to those we have lost. Wren, I adore you."

As one, the four brought velvet boxes out of their waistcoat pockets, sinking down to one knee.

"Will you marry us?" Eddie asked.

Tears were flowing down more than one face, and hands were stretching out so the bands could be slipped down fingers. Each band was different, suiting the person wearing it.

Robin had a large sparkling diamond set in gold. Cedar had a gorgeous silver band set with five small emeralds. Sal had a beautiful sapphire flanked by two smaller diamonds, and his band was white gold. Mine was delicate, simple, but beautiful. The band was made to look like ivy, and amethyst gems were the actual leaves.

"We gave Orion a ring as well," Eddie suddenly told us, smiling a little. "We left it in his garden so it will always be with him."

~

Marriage of course, was outlawed. But we didn't care. We had a private ceremony in September. Sir John, a sea captain, performed our wedding, smiling as we were all united.

The sun was smiling, and the day was perfect. We had all dressed in new, fancy suits, and we were married in Orion's garden so he would be near.

Tears were shed, smiles were abundant, and love was overflowing. That night, we all gathered in Eddie's room, and all of us loved each other until early hours of the morning.

For the first time, Eddie touched me, made love to me...kissed me.

I had never felt such bliss.

~

The years flew by, and we grew together and individually. Eddie kept the school open, and June, Fletcher, and Sal helped as instructors. Cee-Cee became an artist and was widely known and loved, getting expensive commissions and traveling around the world to complete them. Robin became a business man, and charmed his partners and investors with his smiles and banter. Branson became a horse breeder, and was quite happy with his work. Me? Well, I was the sole heir of my parent's holdings and wealth, and while I kept up with business I preferred to be a silent partner. I stayed at home, quietly supporting my loved ones, and loving them to the fullest.

Everyone was quite healthy and happy.

Hey 880 words